Why do all the Nokia fan boys hate the HTC one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
No it's not. It's on both AT&T and T-Mobile as well.

This isn't true. The M8 is also available on t-mobile. Not sure about at&t.

What I meant is it's not available in my country.. Sorry for not clearing that up. The 1520 and the 930 are my only options. I opted for the 1520 because of the SD Card support.

I ordered a bluetooth receiver for my headphones just for the sake of not damaging my headphone jack again since I always keep it inside my pocket. If that doesn't work out then I might get the next WP flagship if it's sized right. If not then I'm going to stick with my 1520. I really want to stick with my 1520 though so hopefully the BT receiver works well enough. That's my only gripe. I love the big screen but it's really prone to damage inside my pocket. Would love to have the M8 though because it's smaller and has SD card support. I don't use the camera much at all so the 4MP will not bother me.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The M8 is a great device crippled by a poor camera (at least for someone like me who uses the camera the most on my phone). If it had a camera as good as my 1520 I would definitely prefer it over the 1520 because of size and looks. Roll on M9!

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't hate. That is a very strong word. Can't remember the last time I used it in a conversation.
I actually feel sorry for HTC owners. They don't get the firmware features offered to Lumia users.

I feel sorry for Motorola users. They don't get Lumia features either.

Or LG users. They don't get Motorola features. I also feel bad for Apple users who do not get Motorola, HTC, LG, or Lumia features.

On a more serious note, The Icon is still waiting on Lumia firmware features too ;)

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Personally I believe Samsung ativ line is better than the one aside from hardware. I had the pleasure of using one. It's no Nokia but it is far less of a compromise using their phones as it still packs a good punch...and has a good camera. It's the phone I recommend to Verizon owners over the m8

Did you mean because of hardware? Aside from hardware (your words) implies that Samsung has a software advantage. How many Verizon Samsung users are on WP 8.1?

Now you are just oozing HTC hate for the sake of it. From a software standpoint, Samsung is not better than HTC, so to choose Samsung on that merit just shows your hateful attitude towards HTC.

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
In the good ol' US of A, the M8 is the only 'Flagship Windows Phone' (FWP) available and, indeed, one of the only FWPs ever released. To qualify as a flagship, I would argue that a phone must be:
  1. Well advertised,
  2. Sport reasonably up-to-date specs, and
  3. Available on multiple carriers.

There are no other WPs that meet those criteria. Indeed, other than the HTC 8X, I can't think of any other WP that ever met those criteria.

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you mean because of hardware? Aside from hardware (your words) implies that Samsung has a software advantage. How many Verizon Samsung users are on WP 8.1?

Now you are just oozing HTC hate for the sake of it. From a software standpoint, Samsung is not better than HTC, so to choose Samsung on that merit just shows your hateful attitude towards HTC.
I agree completely I mean Samsung is even worse on support than HTC but o well haters gonna hate

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine it stems from the fact HTC mocked Nokia's 41 megapixel camera(s), saying essentially less is more (in order to sell their their ultra-pixel idea) combined with the somewhat lackluster support for HTC 8X, HTC 8S and their variants (when compared to what Nokia did for their Lumia smartphones).

The HTC One W8 is an amazing phone with a decent camera which will do the job for majority of people. Unfortunately people don't realise that we do need flagships from other OEMs to gain mindshare and by overlooking the One W8, it shows to HTC that there isn't a demand (when there clearly is a demand for flagships). Therefore why would they contemplate even putting out a Windows Phone or rather a Windows 10 variant for their next flagship?

Sadly, the prejudice of a few is hurting the ecosystem as whole.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The ONLY reason I don't like the HTC M8 is because of its camera. As an amateur photographer who wants something good on me all the time, the M8 does not qualify. Other than that I think the M8 is pretty stellar.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
A few folks here from the get go didn't want the m8 to even be made available to anyone. They were /are so upset and angry that their beloved favorite would have to share the limelight is/was just too much to bare.

The camera was a disaster for HTC and now it is being replaced with something supposedly better which means that the m9 and the m9 prime will have these along with the excellent build quality and some of the absolute best hardware on any phone this year.

Now some here have called the speakers gimmicky, which just goes to show you how little they actually know about them since every tech site states that they are the best available today on any phone, It further shows that these folks don't think they matter much, perhaps for a platform like WP and their pos music/video player but for the rest of the world and other platforms they matter a great deal more. Hearing the rumors about new software from Dolby coming to the newer phones will make them more prevalent, but the boom sound speakers are awesome for audioholics like myself as they are. For those who are more cameracentic who demand the best camera phone available then I fully understand the reluctance to getting one but HTC just released a nice update to the camera that improves the controls a great deal, and those who have had blurry shots most often it is because of a smudged or scratched lens cover... this has been gone over on the Android forums extensively.

2015 is going to be a big make or break year for Microsoft with Windows 10 and while the m8 is a great phone overall... what is coming out very soon will be even better.

So I for one hope that HTC continues with Windows 10 and finds the platform viable enough to make it available for the platform. The platform needs to continue to grow with new oems not shrink and a top of the line HTC phone isn't going to hurt anyone who wants the platform to succeed with the exclusion of a few misguided purest. I don't think it will save it on it's own but show others there is still hope for the platform and it's not entirely dead.

Cry me a river if you want but then build me bridge to get over it... Posted from my HTC M8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes