Can I get some help with some car charging issues?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Car Charging Issues

My HTC M8 Windows phone has stopped charging in the car. I've tried 4 different chargers with different outputs but the issue remains. I plugged in yet another charger yesterday and my phone charged about 15% in about 35 minutes so I thought that the problem was solved but since yesterday morning, the new charger has actually been draining my battery even when I'm not running apps. It seems to charge properly at home. I've tried the different chargers in two different cars. Is it possible that I have a software problem? Another strange detail is that my wife's Samsung Windows phone has been having similar issues.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Car Charging Issues

Since the phone is charging properly at home, and that the charging issue is not limited to your phone (since your wife's phone is also experiencing it) and is experienced across several chargers for the same port, it most probably is a problem with the car charging (cigarette lighter) port itself.

You may need to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Car Charging Issues

There is a setting and notification on the HTC one for chargers that do not supply a normal charge like the home charger supplied with phone. Look in the settings somewhere. .I don't know where it is off-hand..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon