M8 wp10

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
wow ok I know they warn you but.... This thing is worse than buggy. Another strong warning to those debating to upgrade or not.
Worst part is something is really wrong with the screen res - sizes are all off. - the list of things that do not work or are missing is too long to list.
:)

Verizon

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Worst part is something is really wrong with the screen res - sizes are all off. - the list of things that do not work or are missing is too long to list.
:)

Verizon
Is that why they've said it's not for Verizon-branded handsets? Or is yours unbranded?
Also, if not already, a hard reset and a clean setup (not restore from backup) tends to work wonders.​

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed it on my Verizon m8. It started off as a train wreck but with much patients it seems pretty stable, still some bugs but it isn't terrible. The only big issue i have found is I cannot get the navigation buttons to recede, they are static. Not sure I am describing that well. If anyone has a solution for that, I would appreciate it.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Is that why they've said it's not for Verizon-branded handsets? Or is yours unbranded?
Also, if not already, a hard reset and a clean setup (not restore from backup) tends to work wonders.​
Oh yes for sure hard reset and fresh set up was a must! I guess I figured that if the update was offered to me it was ok for my phone - not sure on that. Mine is branded Verizon though - Rolled back this morning anyway. :)

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was glad to give it a go, but rolled back within a couple hours.

Couple thoughts/comments:

• Resolution has a bug- Setting a background would scale the image about 80% or so it seemed. It never quiet fit correctly. If you tiled the picture (like in 8.1) each individual tile would include the picture.
  • Microsoft Band wouldn't sync. This is what ultimately caused me to rollback.
  • Loved the new Music app
  • The new outlook app was interesting. I liked the functionality but was left stumped on how to create a live tile for each account. For example, if I saw a (1) which was indicating a new message on the live tile, I would click it and it would take me to the "top" account. I would have to click each and every account to find the "new" message. I'm sure this functionality will be coming down the pipe soon.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I was glad to give it a go, but rolled back within a couple hours.

Couple thoughts/comments:

• Resolution has a bug- Setting a background would scale the image about 80% or so it seemed. It never quiet fit correctly. If you tiled the picture (like in 8.1) each individual tile would include the picture.
  • Microsoft Band wouldn't sync. This is what ultimately caused me to rollback.
  • Loved the new Music app
  • The new outlook app was interesting. I liked the functionality but was left stumped on how to create a live tile for each account. For example, if I saw a (1) which was indicating a new message on the live tile, I would click it and it would take me to the "top" account. I would have to click each and every account to find the "new" message. I'm sure this functionality will be coming down the pipe soon.

Yep me too-
for me:
Things that did not work:
Camera
Pictures
Start screen image/transparency
Start screen scrolling - one screens worth only
Music would not work

Yeah did not care for the outlook app - I am sure it has a ways to go.
One thing I really did not like is a lot of the new layouts made it impossible to get around with one hand. The new triple line at the top left side...really? I cant reach it with my thumb! - please don't move away from the triple dot on the BOTTOM right!! happy to be back on 8.1 for now :)

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I thought it was only not available for those Verizon handsets that DID get GDR2?

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So how do you roll back

My question as well. You should be able to use the Windows Recovery Tool but it comes up, "information not found on server" when you run the program on the One. Pissed me off because Windows 10 is very buggy on my One (action center hangs, tiles are blurry, backgrounds don't fit at all, and pictures never show thumbnails) and I want to like the OS because it has some great bright spots (the new music app is a huge improvement, I like the new store, texting is great, and the Office apps are fantastic), but is bogged down by the lack of support for the beast of a phone the One M8 is.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
After alot of effort, I have the new version of 10 running on my verizon m8 and it seems very stable. What i have done is install 10, download apps, eventually an app would be non functional such as the phone dialer. When this happened I would back up the phone, factory reset it, and restore the backup. I did this a couple of times and now it seems very stable, everything I have come across seems to work well now. The only exception is the navigation buttons, as I mention in a earlier post it is static(the little arrow to minimize the buttons isn't there. If anyone has a solution for this I would love to hear it.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
that is actully a really simple fix, all you have to do is swipe from the navigation keys down and they will hide. It has been like this on the M8 since the first windows 10 build. Being on windows 10 since the first build, I am already used to doing this.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I would love to try the preview but I got the GDR2 update a day before the preview was available for the m8.
Anyone heard when ms will make it available for GDR2?
Another thing this preview is scary all the problems I've read makes it look like a college kids rom for an android phone and we are pretty close to official release in the grand scale of things and this is the best that ms has to offer now?
At this point there should be very few bugs and just things they should be smoothing out. Not device crippling releases. Anyway hope to get a build for the m8 with GDR2 soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon