Random data pauses/freezes/not working?

yeahbuddy78

May 28, 2012
Visit site
So I got an unlocked "white box" Titan II from eBay. $279 shipped - good deal. Arrived yesterday, it's brand new.

I put my SIM in from my Galaxy Nexus (HSPA+ plan). Data didn't work at all. Went to the AT&T store, they gave me an LTE SIM, data still didn't work. The AT&T rep told me I didn't need an LTE plan, which I later discovered was false. Called up AT&T, gave them the SIM number and IMEI, specifically asked to be placed on the LTE plan. Data still didn't work. Ran HTC connections app, did absolutely nothing (no wonder the reviews are scathing). Rebooted and waited 30 minutes, data magically worked.

I use wifi at home like most everyone else on this planet. Connected fine and works most of the time.

The problem I'm having is regardless if I'm on wifi or 4G (no LTE here) the data connectivity seems to drop...as in I will be sitting here with full bars of either 4G or wifi and I'll, say, open up the market. The images in the market just won't load...it sits there. I end up setting the phone down out of frustration, pick it up a few minutes later, and magically the data starts working again.

It's very random and occurs on both wifi and 4G. It just seems the data connection isn't "holding" and works sometimes. It's not my wifi because my Macbook will be streaming away on wifi without issue (no it's not a capacity issue with my network).

Anyone else having sporadic data pauses? It's frustrating and I can't figure out the root cause. Have hard reset, etc. Same behavior.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yes all the time. Turn off one or the other seams to help me. At home I turn off cell data and go WIFI only everything works fine. If you keep both on I think the T2 keeps jumping back to Cell Data from WIFI this takes a few seconds to a minute and causes the lag.

yeahbuddy78

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes all the time. Turn off one or the other seams to help me. At home I turn off cell data and go WIFI only everything works fine. If you keep both on I think the T2 keeps jumping back to Cell Data from WIFI this takes a few seconds to a minute and causes the lag.

Thanks. It's annoying for sure. Here's hoping HTC actually remembers they make WP7 phones and they release a patch one day. They are an Android company first, unfortunately.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am sure HTC will nip this problem with the release the Titan III.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my original Titan. Eventually I just turned the wifi off and went 4G only. I live in a HSPA+ area. 3-5Mbps downloads were plenty for occasionally streaming video and web browsing.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought an at&t branded titan2, factory sealed, for 299 on eBay. Took it to my local at&t store and they put a new sim in it for me since my lumia had a micro sim. Everything has worked perfectly. I love this phone. My lumia 900 is on eBay right now for 349 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

yeahbuddy78

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My lumia 900 is on eBay right now for 349 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
I wish you luck at that price. It took weeks to sell my mint Lumia 900 for $299. They market is flooded with them it seems. Perhaps you will get a sucker to click BIN, but that's being hopeful.

Last edited:

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am sure HTC will nip this problem with the release the Titan III.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

I wouldn't hold my breath. The original Titan had this problem and so does the HTC One X. HTC's lack of quality control and post-purchase support is the reason I got a Lumia 900.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit