I got my Titan

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I got my Titan yesterday - I moved from a Galaxy S2.
This is my first WP7 device after being on Android for a couple of years.

I love the feel of the Titan, the weight of it is good and it feels like a premium device.
I think the screen is great, good size and feel to touch - not sure if spec wise it is better than the SG2 but I prefer the Titan to look and swipe.

My only concern is that I can't seem to add custom words to dictionary - I used to add my email address etc so I didn't have to write it everytime - does anyone know if this is possible - is it a HTC or WP7 thing?

I really don't enjoy the keyboard Going from Swype to a standard keyboard is taking a while to get used too - Not sure if it is a HTC or WP7 standard keyboard but the HTC keyboard on my old Desire was a lot better.

One day in and overall I am glad I changed from SG2 on Gingerbread to Titan on Mango.

Reactions: Winterfang

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Glad you're enjoying your Titan shaunydub. How do you rate it's screen compared to the Galaxy ?

That's my main concern, that it's not as good as Super Amoled Plus

Oh and welcome along to WPC. :)

Reactions: Winterfang

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome.

Obviously first thing you notice about the screen is the size, but I really like the way it feels...somehow it feels more satisfactory.

The screen seems a lot brighter and crisper when using apps and general phone usage, but I think this may be partly due to the way WP7 is designed rather than the screen being better.

Watching movies its very hard to tell the difference.

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I got my Titan yesterday - I moved from a Galaxy S2.
This is my first WP7 device after being on Android for a couple of years.

I love the feel of the Titan, the weight of it is good and it feels like a premium device.
I think the screen is great, good size and feel to touch - not sure if spec wise it is better than the SG2 but I prefer the Titan to look and swipe.

My only concern is that I can't seem to add custom words to dictionary - I used to add my email address etc so I didn't have to write it everytime - does anyone know if this is possible - is it a HTC or WP7 thing?

I really don't enjoy the keyboard Going from Swype to a standard keyboard is taking a while to get used too - Not sure if it is a HTC or WP7 standard keyboard but the HTC keyboard on my old Desire was a lot better.

One day in and overall I am glad I changed from SG2 on Gingerbread to Titan on Mango.

Welcome, and you can add words to the dictionary, by tapping on an unrecognized word. In the correction bar above the keyboard the word you just tapped should be visible with a plus sign next to. Tap on that, then it will be added to your phone's dictionary

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that...
As usual there is no manual with the phone just a quick start guide but I have figured most things out.
The manual is meant to be on HTC support section but they haven't put the Titan in the support area yet so have no manual....I like to read through and see if I missed any tricks

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
To shaunydub and anyone else who has a Titan, how's the battery life so far? I know It's a bit early for a solid analysis, but how are you finding it?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So far I have found battery life is good, made it through all day with number of texts, internet, general playing around and wifi on most of day - only used maybe 25% battery...if I were doing the same on my Galaxy 2 it would prob only have 10% left. lol. One of the reasons I changed from Android to WP7 is the software is better optimised for phones.

I got the phone sim free from mobilefun.co.uk as I fed up with SG2 and didn't want to wait until my contract is up in Feb 12.

It's good so far but I am missing some of my widgets and multiple homescreens.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Holy **** that sounds awesome. My 3GS drops 50-60% over the course of a day by just sending a few texts and being connected to wifi (not even browsing) so that sounds inedible to me.

Thanks, you got me excited for this phone again :)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Unplugged at 8am this morning...will leave wifi on all day (even when I am not using it).
Will see how power is left by end of day, at the moment I am still in the new gadget phase where you want to play with it as much as possible. lol

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got a couple of questions. ( OH MY GOD!! HTC TITAN!! )

*ahem*

eerg, welcome to WP Central by the way...on to the questions.

1- How is the camera? especially compared to the excellent GSII camera?
2- As far as browsing goes, how fast is to compared to GSII?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP7 sir. Glad to hear you're loving the Titan as its probably my next phone.

Like the guy said earlier, just tap to highlight an unrecognized word then in the autocorrect bar the appears at the top of the keyboard, your unrecognized word will appear with a + sign beside it. Just hit that.

As for the keyboard, it is the best virtual keyboard on the market, I promise you that. It just takes some getting used to I suppose.

But yeah, update us on the camera, battery life, etc.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Answer to a few questions -

Camera -
I have only taken a few shots indoors and they are pretty good, easily on a par with the SG2, although I have only viewed them back on the phone
The flash is super bright - I had to turn it off. lol.

However there is a noticeable difference with video -
When I score a memorable goal in Fifa I record the instant replay and share on facebook/with friends - Holding phone up to record tv.
I don't notice any flicker but the overall picture quality is not as good as the galaxy, and when you select 720p it changes from full screen to letterbox. SG2 used to keep it fullscreen (must be to do with size I guess).

I will try and take some pictures and upload them.

Battery -
I think you have all seen the thread.

Browsing -
IE9 is easily faster than the default Android browser, but I used to use Firefox or Doplhin. I would say Ie9 is faster than both over wifi - not tried over 3g yet but I prefer speed test over wifi as the connection is more consistent.

SG2 -
Yes I loved my SG2 and it was almost perfect, however it started to develop some issues -
Constant rebooting / battery warning kept coming up saying it was overheating then battery would drop 20% in 30 seconds / wifi was really poor.
Also I was kinda getting fed up with Android - it is getting bloated and resource intense with too many updates and you need to keep getting a new phone to have best version - i.e. a phone on a 2 year contract is likely to be out of date for 18 - 12 months of that creating compatibilty issues.
At least with WP7 you know that there is a base spec and updates are designed to work on that - so having a Titan makes it even smoother.
LIke someone said - SG2 with WP7 would be perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon