Back-orderd

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering whose phones are still listed as back-ordered? I wanna feel like I'm not just the only one!!

Shouldn't AT&T know by now when they're going to get more in??

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Of course I have and no one will tell me anything. I'm beginning to think they're doing this on purpose, like perhaps my name/number is flagged. I got out of a contract with them in September 2010 without having to pay for cancellation fee.

rswilson411

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I contacted AT&T this morning since I ordered Friday night/Early Saturday morning and it was still listed as backordered. Basically they gave me the run around about not knowing when, blah, blah, blah.

Upon further pressing I learned that it all depends on the warehouse your phone will ship out of and how many orders they have to fill. So I took this to mean if you live in the heavily populated northeast, you may be waiting for multiple shipments to come in from HTC to your corresponding warehouse. The service rep was not able to contact the warehouse that would ship to me (Philadelphia) and to try and see what they're numbers were like.

I'm willing to wait, as long as it's less than the 30 day cancellation period. And if it isn't, they better honor the penny sale after that.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I contacted AT&T this morning since I ordered Friday night/Early Saturday morning and it was still listed as backordered. Basically they gave me the run around about not knowing when, blah, blah, blah.

Upon further pressing I learned that it all depends on the warehouse your phone will ship out of and how many orders they have to fill. So I took this to mean if you live in the heavily populated northeast, you may be waiting for multiple shipments to come in from HTC to your corresponding warehouse. The service rep was not able to contact the warehouse that would ship to me (Philadelphia) and to try and see what they're numbers were like.

I'm willing to wait, as long as it's less than the 30 day cancellation period. And if it isn't, they better honor the penny sale after that.

Wow, someone who actually gave SOME sort of answers!! Good to know, thanks for sharing. I agree, it better be within the 30 day period. I would hope the 30 days would begin when we activate and that they would honor the penny sale if we want a different device.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Of course I have and no one will tell me anything. I'm beginning to think they're doing this on purpose, like perhaps my name/number is flagged. I got out of a contract with them in September 2010 without having to pay for cancellation fee.

Figured you had. Was hoping you were not one of the people who complain on forums and expect things to change. Have you tried getting on the online chat with a rep? Also start posting to their facebook page. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that stuff.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Figured you had. Was hoping you were not one of the people who complain on forums and expect things to change. Have you tried getting on the online chat with a rep? Also start posting to their facebook page. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that stuff.

Yeah, I've chatted with so many different reps and no one will tell me anything. They just give me the premier number to call. Lame. And I Posted to the @ATTCustomerSupport Twitter but no response. I shall try Facebook... Thanks!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still flabbergasted that it's taking so long for someone who lives in Texas.

You'd think Obama was in charge of shipping or something. haha.

That must be why California got it quick!

DrKofi

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't say it's back-ordered, but when I called them they told me it was back-ordered but not listed as so on the site. I was pretty annoyed about the fact that I ordered my TITAN around 12:10 AM EST and still got back-ordered. At least I got it for a penny though.

rswilson411

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, someone who actually gave SOME sort of answers!! Good to know, thanks for sharing. I agree, it better be within the 30 day period. I would hope the 30 days would begin when we activate and that they would honor the penny sale if we want a different device.

No I was referring to the 30 days after purchase that AT&T cancels the order. At least that's what it said in my backorder email from Premiere.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still flabbergasted that it's taking so long for someone who lives in Texas.

You'd think Obama was in charge of shipping or something. haha.

That must be why California got it quick!

That's my thinking too!

So I posted this on AT&T's Facebook page: "When will more HTC TITAN devices be shipped in DFW??? I ordered Friday at 10:50pm right after the sale began and mine is STILL back-ordered. :("

Their response: "Hey Jennifer! We hear you. Sit tight--you'll receive an email as soon as your device ships. We really appreciate your patience."

Which gives me no estimated time. For all I know it could NEVER ship. I just replied with: "Thanks for the quick response! Is there any way to find out an estimated amount of time before it ships?? I can't wait to get my TITAN, I think it's an amazing device."

So hopefully I'll get some clarification here...

Amazing how just playing with the TITAN for a few minutes would make my Arrive shrink smaller day after day. It feels like the text is getting harder to read too!

Trying to look on the plus side: This is teaching me patience, which I definitely don't have enough of... But I'm moving Friday the 9th and would love to not have to drive 25 miles to my parents' house just to get my phone from them.

bwigginit

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
That's my thinking too!

So I posted this on AT&T's Facebook page: "When will more HTC TITAN devices be shipped in DFW??? I ordered Friday at 10:50pm right after the sale began and mine is STILL back-ordered. :("

Their response: "Hey Jennifer! We hear you. Sit tight--you'll receive an email as soon as your device ships. We really appreciate your patience."

Which gives me no estimated time. For all I know it could NEVER ship. I just replied with: "Thanks for the quick response! Is there any way to find out an estimated amount of time before it ships?? I can't wait to get my TITAN, I think it's an amazing device."

So hopefully I'll get some clarification here...

Amazing how just playing with the TITAN for a few minutes would make my Arrive shrink smaller day after day. It feels like the text is getting harder to read too!

Trying to look on the plus side: This is teaching me patience, which I definitely don't have enough of... But I'm moving Friday the 9th and would love to not have to drive 25 miles to my parents' house just to get my phone from them.
I see you said that you were from the DFW area. They do have some titans in stock in the bryan/college station stores as of yesterday. Road trip?

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on 22 November from Amazon Wireless. Still waiting for my shipment email. Supposed to be either today or tomorrow.

I'm really surprised Amazon was so slow with this... Usually they seem so on top of things. Ex: I ordered an A/V Receiver yesterday early afternoon and it'll be delivered tomorrow.

I just wish I'd thought to order from Best Buy during their sale earlier this week and cancel my AT&T order!

AT&T replied: "Sorry, Jennifer--We don't have any additional information to share on the timeframe. Hopefully it will ship soon!"

I find it hard to believe that AT&T is in the dark too... That just sounds like BS to me. But whatevs. I'll do what I can to be patient.

I see you said that you were from the DFW area. They do have some titans in stock in the bryan/college station stores as of yesterday. Road trip?

You just brought up a question: If a store much closer to me had one in stock, would they be able to honor the 1 cent sale and cancel my online order?

I'd consider it, my cousin lives down there. But I absolutely can't for a couple weeks, and I hope it'll be here by then!

thodge84

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine still says back ordered.

What sucks is that I ordered it minutes after the deal went live, but because of their system coding error for my phone plan, it didnt register the discount. I thought it would register via instant rebate when thu charge u. They accepted my debit card as payment but my bank rejected the payment cuz i didnt have enough $.
What made it bad was the fact that they accepted the payment and my order instead o rejecting it. That meant i couldnt buy it from the MS store or Best Buy cuz my upgrade was now gone and ATT premier support was closed till Monday.
They fixed the problem and gave me the device for free so no payment info was required, but now im on the back ordered list :(
Im in California, so hopefully I'll be able to get it by the end of next week :(

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had problems logging into the forum for a few weeks, but got it working now...

I am in DFW, ordered my Titan thru the cancellation dept since I wasnt eligible for an upgrade (after trying 2 local stores to see if they would match the online price)...nearly 2 hours on the phone got me a Titan for $175...but it has been backordered all week...

Yesterday (Wed), I called and checked the status, asking if indeed their system reflected the same as the email I had...the lady told me yes it did show the same, and further checking showed no eta on replenishmnet...I asked if it was possible to get a local store to honor the deal I had in place, and she said if I could find one locally, it would be up to the Store Manager to honor my deal.

After calling 5 or 6 stores around DFW, I found a store that had some, and that would honor the deal I had in place...couple of hours later, I have my Titan.

Interestingly enough, the Microsoft Rep happened to be in the store at the time, and since it was pretty obvious thru the conversation that this was the first one they had sold, he asked if he could take my picture...so after all was said and done, the rep, the manager and I will prolly end up on some site somewhere with cheesy grins on our face...

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had problems logging into the forum for a few weeks, but got it working now...

I am in DFW, ordered my Titan thru the cancellation dept since I wasnt eligible for an upgrade (after trying 2 local stores to see if they would match the online price)...nearly 2 hours on the phone got me a Titan for $175...but it has been backordered all week...

Yesterday (Wed), I called and checked the status, asking if indeed their system reflected the same as the email I had...the lady told me yes it did show the same, and further checking showed no eta on replenishmnet...I asked if it was possible to get a local store to honor the deal I had in place, and she said if I could find one locally, it would be up to the Store Manager to honor my deal.

After calling 5 or 6 stores around DFW, I found a store that had some, and that would honor the deal I had in place...couple of hours later, I have my Titan.

Interestingly enough, the Microsoft Rep happened to be in the store at the time, and since it was pretty obvious thru the conversation that this was the first one they had sold, he asked if he could take my picture...so after all was said and done, the rep, the manager and I will prolly end up on some site somewhere with cheesy grins on our face...
Which store in DFW did you go to? I might have to do that tomorrow. I live in DFW as well. :) Thanks for giving me some hope!!

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Which store in DFW did you go to? I might have to do that tomorrow. I live in DFW as well. :) Thanks for giving me some hope!!

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
Check your pm...I put some info there...Good luck!

I think they had 2 left when I walked out yesterday around 5-ish...

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I ordered mine on 22 November from Amazon Wireless. Still waiting for my shipment email. Supposed to be either today or tomorrow.

I ordered my Titan on November 21st from Amazon, still hasn't shipped. As of 11:51pm on December 1st, Amazon Wireless still shows this:

Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped
Shipping Estimate: Nov 30, 2011 - Dec 1, 2011
Delivery Estimate: Dec 1, 2011 - Dec 2, 2011

I called Amazon Wireless earlier today and the CSR said that sometimes shipments can be sent out very late, that there didn't seem to be any delays in the system, and that everything looked good for my phone to be shipped sometime this evening. She said she'd email me tomorrow with an update either way. So far, no shipment. I'm not holding my breath. I'll come back tomorrow and post her response, if I get one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon