Titan callibration issues?

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both got HTC titans this week. Hers seems to be very inaccurate when trying to type. Mine isn't as bad, but it's a noticeable change from the iPhone. I thought it was due to the larger screen and new OS, but hers is really bad. You have to type exactly in the middle of the key to get it right.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have suggestions on how to fix the issue?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both got HTC titans this week. Hers seems to be very inaccurate when trying to type. Mine isn't as bad, but it's a noticeable change from the iPhone. I thought it was due to the larger screen and new OS, but hers is really bad. You have to type exactly in the middle of the key to get it right.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have suggestions on how to fix the issue?

As far as I know there are no keyboard settings. You two should switch phones and see if there's a noticeable difference between the Titans.

Also, typing in landscape mode is awesome. I've never had a touchscreen phone but I am coming around to it. I mess up quite a bit in portrait.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can say is I thought mine wasn't too good and after a few days, it just seems to magically improve, gradually. Either it's me, or the phone. It definitely does NOT use the center for key presses, as there is some logic/magic going on behind the scenes, and I also wonder if it has the ability to learn.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had read the OS will try to predict the key you'll hit next, so maybe it will take some time to learn? I thought iOS did the same too though...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just keep typing it takes some time for the keyboard to learn your habits. It should get better with time if it doesn't there might be an issue. I love the software keyboard in WP its the best one I have used.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I find the Titan's keyboard to be easy to type on, as far as virtual keyboards go. The keys are slightly larger than usual because of the big screen, so that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes