Sorry, but I can't put up with this anymore

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Leaving my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute is barbaric. A screen this beautiful should never turn off so fast. I mean, what will our children's children think of us when they see how scared we were to leave our beautiful devices on? Oh the shame of knowing that their ancestors were scared of technology. It's for their sake that I changed my timeout to 3 minutes. They need to know that I loved my phone more than I loved them. :D

But seriously, having the screen stay on longer is so convenient. I can actually turn my attention away for a second without feeling rushed.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, TITAN screen beauty deserves to be fully appreciated, she typed from her Focus S.../wistful sigh...

then she placed a call from her Focus S without once asking the question, "can you understand the words that are coming from my mouth?".../satisfied smile...

Sorry, had to do it... :p

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
First thing I did when I powered my phone on for the first time, and after every hard reset. 3 minutes is just about right. No compromise.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Leaving my Screen Timeout set to 1 minute is barbaric. A screen this beautiful should never turn off so fast. I mean, what will our children's children think of us when they see how scared we were to leave our beautiful devices on? Oh the shame of knowing that their ancestors were scared of technology. It's for their sake that I changed my timeout to 3 minutes. They need to know that I loved my phone more than I loved them. :D

But seriously, having the screen stay on longer is so convenient. I can actually turn my attention away for a second without feeling rushed.

Hehehe nice. Though I think you'd be singing a different tune if that screen were AMOLED or SAMLOED :p

Image burn-in effects.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a 2 minute. Drop the 30 minute time out if space is an issue. 15 minutes is dumb too. Anything over 5 minutes seems like it should just be set to never. Mine is set to 3 min.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a 2 minute. Drop the 30 minute time out if space is an issue. 15 minutes is dumb too. Anything over 5 minutes seems like it should just be set to never. Mine is set to 3 min.

I agree. 2 minutes would be the sweet spot for me. .

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 device using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

I would like the option to set the wallpaper time-out. Its the only time you get to see a full-sized picture on your phone and it disappears in 5 seconds.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
What is this burn-in you guys mentioned with AMOLED screens?
I had burn in on my Omnia 7 after only 2 months.

Had it set to 30 seconds and at medium brightness.

It wasn't bad but i could clearly see the home screen tiles burned into the screen when i loaded up the official twitter and facebook apps. (White & Blue load screens)

I wouldn't have expected this after only 2 months but there you go.

It doesn't go away after time either like some say it will.

I still have the phone and messaging tiles burned in to this day jenashley.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had burn in on my Omnia 7 after only 2 months.

Had it set to 30 seconds and at medium brightness.

It wasn't bad but i could clearly see the home screen tiles burned into the screen when i loaded up the official twitter and facebook apps. (White & Blue load screens)

I wouldn't have expected this after only 2 months but there you go.

It doesn't go away after time either like some say it will.

I still have the phone and messaging tiles burned in to this day jenashley.

WOW... That sounds like a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks for explaining!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon