Unresponsive touch?

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my HTC Titan today and coming from iPhone 4, I noticed that the screen is a bit unresponsive. When scrolling through the applist I gotta flick each time because it doesn't continue to scroll like I've seen on other devices.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my HTC Titan today and coming from iPhone 4, I noticed that the screen is a bit unresponsive. When scrolling through the applist I gotta flick each time because it doesn't continue to scroll like I've seen on other devices.
Try a reset? I can get through my whole app list with a single flick. I came from iOS and the responsiveness on WP7 blows it out of the water. What you describe is most certainly a defect.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If I hold a second finger to the screen on my phone I get something like the behavior you describe, and unless you have something stuck* on the panel I'm guessing there's some hardware defect that is interfering with the tracking.

*Sneezing over the phone causes similar behavior, while covering 90% of a capacitive touchscreen with whipped cream** causes it to become completely unresponsive.
**Don't ask... :blush::D

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Try a reset? I can get through my whole app list with a single flick. I came from iOS and the responsiveness on WP7 blows it out of the water. What you describe is most certainly a defect.

I did, when I flick from top of the applist it's just so slow scrolling speed, I don't know how to explain it. There's like no "power" to the flick.

If I hold a second finger to the screen on my phone I get something like the behavior you describe, and unless you have something stuck* on the panel I'm guessing there's some hardware defect that is interfering with the tracking.

*Sneezing over the phone causes similar behavior, while covering 90% of a capacitive touchscreen with whipped cream** causes it to become completely unresponsive.
**Don't ask... :blush::D

Nothing is stuck on the screen and I the only thing I can think of is the digitizer.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless the video frame rate is playing tricks or something I'd say that it looks normal to me. I was expecting something else from your description. There is supposed to be a delay, which I guess is intended to make the motion feel more natural. Personally I like it, and after a few months with WP I think droids and iPhones seem jerky and stuttering even when I see someone else using one at a distance.

But I guess it's hard to get a complete feel for it on video, so maybe you should wait for a few more opinions and maybe compare it with another device in person before sending it back for service.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Unless the video frame rate is playing tricks or something I'd say that it looks normal to me. I was expecting something else from your description. There is supposed to be a delay, which I guess is intended to make the motion feel more natural. Personally I like it, and after a few months with WP I think droids and iPhones seem jerky and stuttering even when I see someone else using one at a distance.

But I guess it's hard to get a complete feel for it on video, so maybe you should wait for a few more opinions and maybe compare it with another device in person before sending it back for service.

I definitely like the iPhone's tracking better, it's 100% precise while the WP7 (or Titan's?) is a bit off. I mean it's not an issue while the phone is on the table and handling it like that, but using it one handed it's a bit frustrating that the scrolling isn't better.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Funny...I'm having the same issues on my Focus Flash I just received today only mine is MUCH MUCH worse than that video. At times when I'm typing touch input doesn't even get recognized at all. My Lumia 710, Radar, Arrive before this Focus Flash had no problems.....

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I definitely like the iPhone's tracking better, it's 100% precise while the WP7 (or Titan's?) is a bit off. I mean it's not an issue while the phone is on the table and handling it like that, but using it one handed it's a bit frustrating that the scrolling isn't better.

It took me a while to realize that when I'm holding it in one hand I often wrap my fingers around the corner and they touch the screen. I would try to touch something and the screen wouldn't do anything.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the effect is exaggerated by the Titan's huge screen. Or maybe something that takes a bit more time getting used to after coming from the iPhone's comparatively small display.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the effect is exaggerated by the Titan's huge screen. Or maybe something that takes a bit more time getting used to after coming from the iPhone's comparatively small display.

I don't think that's the problem after reading this guys post.

Hi ArtieQ,
I have the same feeling as you : the scroll doesn't follow immediatly the finger, compared to my Omnia 7 or my iPhone. I hope HTC will fix this with an update, but I'm dreaming...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon