Bump to 32GB anyone?

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You know, reading that got me pumped. I think I'm going to give it a try too. Where did you order the card from, if you don't mind me asking?

I think I'm going to try putting Mango on too. That only really leaves the battery issue (the 1300mAh just doesn't do it during my heavy days), but I don't think the bulk of the 2150mAh will allow my case to fit anymore. Was thinking about an 1800mAh, but I haven't read enough experiences to find out how much it improves battery life. Decisions ...:confused:

I have been looking for a higher capacity battery that would fit in the same space, but you have to wonder are we really getting a larger capacity battery? I know the aftermarket batteries for the Droid Incredible are supposed to be a fit, and I have purchased 1700mAh batteries for my previous HTC ThunderBolt from ChiChiTec that seemed to last longer but who really knows.

Since we all likely want our batteries to be swappable (unlike the iphone) we have to accept that the phone will be a bit thicker so why is everyone racing to make them thinner when they should be focused on offering a better battery capacity.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for a higher capacity battery that would fit in the same space, but you have to wonder are we really getting a larger capacity battery? I know the aftermarket batteries for the Droid Incredible are supposed to be a fit, and I have purchased 1700mAh batteries for my previous HTC ThunderBolt from ChiChiTec that seemed to last longer but who really knows.

Since we all likely want our batteries to be swappable (unlike the iphone) we have to accept that the phone will be a bit thicker so why is everyone racing to make them thinner when they should be focused on offering a better battery capacity.

I really don't know. But $45 is a lot to spend for a battery that gives an hour more of usage.

Agreed. I read that Apple was heavily investing in battery tech and I was reminded why they set such a standard in hardware. Nokia really may be WP's only hope ...

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Sandisk 32GB Class 4 card, should be here tomorrow. Now I just need to find my tools and clear out a space in my office to work. Hopefully by the weekend (maybe tomorrow night) I will be upgraded to 32GB and then I can ditch my iPod complete, wouldn't that be nice.

Dismayed

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Frustrating

I find it frustrating that I'd even have to consider voiding a phone warranty to add storage. Why can't HTC manufacture phones with an accessible card slot? That's why I'll likely buy a 64 GB iPhone, even though I'd prefer to buy a WP.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I find it frustrating that I'd even have to consider voiding a phone warranty to add storage. Why can't HTC manufacture phones with an accessible card slot? That's why I'll likely buy a 64 GB iPhone, even though I'd prefer to buy a WP.

It's Microsoft's problem, not HTC. Most of HTC's Android phones have MicroSD slots.

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry but lol at this post. Let's say you're using your two year upgrade. According to VZW website, the iphone 64GB is $400, while the Trophy is $30. Let's say something goes wrong, and you have to buy one from ebay. They are selling for roughly $150-$250. I think if you really wanted a Windows phone but had to have at least 32 GB, you'd pay the $30 and try to upgrade it. Seems like your post is just trying to start a flame war.

FWIW, I just bought a Trophy with a busted screen. I was terrified of doing the repairs myself, but I did it, and it was super easy.

Karma-Suture

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt it would work. They are supposed to be backwards compatible...
Why do you highly doubt it would work if they're supposed to be backwards compatible? :straight:

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I love the Windows Phone OS, and want the extra space for my music library so that I can consolidate my phone and my iPod, but nothing in the WP lineup offers expandable storage (the platform's only downside IMO).

This workaround would be fine with me if it'll accept a 64gb card; I'm already on and happy with Verizon (save for their nonexistent WP selection), and I don't mind voiding the warranty, especially for something as straightforward as this. I just need a little more than 32gb, so hopefully someone can confirm that 64gb works...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was going to do this upgrade but, 32gb would just cover my music and a little apps. 64gb is where I would need to be.

With 2nd gen WP7 devices coming out and possably a higher end hitting verizon, and also the fact that I am not under contract, I might just wait to see what my options are for a higher end replacement.

I would love to know if the 64gb card does work, even though I might wait for a next gen device, I might make the jump knowning I can fullly use my device now.

Dismayed

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but lol at this post. Let's say you're using your two year upgrade. According to VZW website, the iphone 64GB is $400, while the Trophy is $30. Let's say something goes wrong, and you have to buy one from ebay. They are selling for roughly $150-$250. I think if you really wanted a Windows phone but had to have at least 32 GB, you'd pay the $30 and try to upgrade it. Seems like your post is just trying to start a flame war.

FWIW, I just bought a Trophy with a busted screen. I was terrified of doing the repairs myself, but I did it, and it was super easy.

You missed my point. I shouldn't *have* to dig into the case and void my warranty just because I want more storage. I should be able to order the phone that way.

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
You missed my point. I shouldn't *have* to dig into the case and void my warranty just because I want more storage. I should be able to order the phone that way.

I agree. My bad. etc. It is very easy to get to the memory card. I've opened my phone several times. I have a 120 Zune, so currently, I don't have the need to upgrade 16 to 32.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes