8107 Update on Vzw?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone getting 8107 who has not forced it? Getting reports that this is being pushed by Verizon but need to make sure...screenshots help ;-)
I'm pretty sure Verizon is not pushing 8107. They are pushing a radio firmware update and people are getting confused about what it is.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So what is in the 8107 update besides a radio firmware update?
Thanks
8107 is strictly a software update. It's unrelated to and completely separate from the radio firmware update, which is specific to the Verizon Trophy. It mainly fixes the disappearing keyboard issue but I believe it also fixes some other minor issues with email syncing and privacy concerns.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As a warning, I think I read somewhere that if you force the 8107 update on your Verizon Trophy it cannot then be updated with the new radio. Many of us are hoping that the radio update fixes an issue where the phone will not reconnect to data after returning to the US from overseas. In order to reconnect, the phone has to go through a hard reset.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got a notice of Update Available. Haven't had time to check to see if it's 8107 or just the Radio update.

Just installed the update and my OS is 7.10.7720.68, so it's not the 8107 update.

Radio SW Version is now: 1.53.00.12.01_23.17w.05.13U

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
If anyone wants it, I should have the WP7 CAB Update Sender still on my laptop, can probably upload it somewhere or just email it if it's small enough. And the .cabs all come from MS direct so that's good.

I also successfully updated my new Trophy all the way to 8107. Had to go the whole way from NoDo so it took awhile.

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For those who have installed the RADIO update (not 8107), did you lose your voicemail indicator on the live tile and in the phone app? This happened to me consistently on 2 Trophies after the update and Verizon has been unable to fix it (they sent me a replacement phone, which worked fine until I ran the radio update yesterday).

Please let me know!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
For those who have installed the RADIO update (not 8107), did you lose your voicemail indicator on the live tile and in the phone app? This happened to me consistently on 2 Trophies after the update and Verizon has been unable to fix it (they sent me a replacement phone, which worked fine until I ran the radio update yesterday).

Please let me know!
Still works fine for me.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have installed the radio updates but am still running 7720. I have downloaded the 7740 and 8107 cab files (and english update) but cannot get the WP7cabupdatesender.exe to work correctly. Help :straight:

I tweeted @VZWSupport this afternoon (2-21-12) and they have no information about when these updates will roll out but "thanked" me for my patience. I just want the disappearing keyboard to disappear.. :mad:

BTW the Trophy works great, just keyboard disappears on occasion. Usually I can turn off and turn on and it goes away for a long while.

Last edited:

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

Please let me know!
No I didn't lose the indicator on my live tile or the light at the top of the Trophy (green means message waiting, red - no message). I do seem to have better coverage too.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have installed the radio updates but am still running 7720. I have downloaded the 7740 and 8107 cab files (and english update) but cannot get the WP7cabupdatesender.exe to work correctly. Help :straight:

I tweeted @VZWSupport this afternoon (2-21-12) and they have no information about when these updates will roll out but "thanked" me for my patience. I just want the disappearing keyboard to disappear.. :mad:

BTW the Trophy works great, just keyboard disappears on occasion. Usually I can turn off and turn on and it goes away for a long while.

Where are you having the problems with the update sender? Did you follow a walkthrough or guide in particular?

SpaceKadet

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I used the instructions at:
Updating Your Windows Phone to 8107 - RobertMcLa.ws

Since you have all the files, I think it should be a snap. These instructions, IF FOLLOWED EXACTLY, worked just fine for me. I've actually run it a couple of times on the same phone just to test and it worked every time.
I checked the instructions, and my phone currently has English and Spanish as the available languages. However, Spanish is not listed among the languages for which a language pack is available. So the question is whether I need to worry about Spanish, or just get the English (US) language pack, and it'll work fine?

Thanks!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I thought I was able to d/l the Spanish lang pack when I did this. Let me see if I still have the pack or a link to it on the MS site.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are all the other Windows Phones out there getting the 8107 update? I'm not really concerned about this update in particular, but I'm hoping Verizon doesn't stop allowing software updates for the Trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes