Hello there!

ni28

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a long-time windows user, I have done quite a bit of developer work in the area of Microsoft's Kinect platform actually, enjoying the innovations coming out of there!

Just thought I'd introduce myself :)

ni28

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

I've been a bit of a lurker, using the website to find information on devices I was interested in over time. Figured it was time to say hello ;)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome ni28 nice to have another developer join us here at WP central forums. I look forward to seeing some of your work someday.

ni28

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and it seems interesting developing for kinect.

It most definitely is! The thing can be used for just about everything. I developed a program for it to be used in a hospital environment, utilising two kinects to track both patients and objects in the environment. Basically, it attached to two motors and you can imagine what that would do to a big bulky device that often runs into objects because nurse cannot see in front of them. Safer, more intelligent solutions I say! Its since been interfaced with other patient monitoring devices as well as haptics to provide nurses with a greater deal of control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes