The iPhone is no longer cool

mikroland

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the 920!! :p

Canadians are unfortunately all about "Apple" as tho its the next big thing, I have too many friends with Apple devices who have given me a hard time the past couple of years about my WP. Yet, they really haven't had an argument as to why their phone is so much better.

Much to do with this is due to the carriers and marketing support for the iPhone. I've always been driven to be different and think outside the box. Which is why I never drank the juice.

But over the past year, I have noticed a lot of my friends have switched to Android, and its about 50/50. I don't really have any friends that own a WP, just my family that own WPhones.

But I love my WP, and I see a trend starting. If the US and the rest of the world accept the new Lumia 920 and sales start to increase and WP enters the corporate areas we might actually see some change. Some much needed change. I'm tired of seeing Crapple and so many ppl here following the followers.. its so boring.

But it almost makes me not want them to change cause its my beautiful little gem that is all mine... that I can keep to myself... its.. its.. my PRECIOUS... mmmmm... hahaha
Yes too many iNaives out there!!! Tired of it, we NEED change. And Windows Phone 8 will FINALLY deliver that to us, I wholeheartedly believe.

Lumia 920, here I come!!!

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have used all of them. Android, IOS, WP7...

I gave the iphone 4S to my wife. I didn't like it, a good phone but screen too small, OS too cumbersome actually, relying too much on apps. No back button. Seems like my wife doesn't really like it too. Mostly it is just sitting unused on her table. Only pick it up once in a while.

I don't like android because it feels like a mess. Inconsistent interface, troublesome, problems with RAM, move to SD, lags.

I have used and still actually using all of them. Android on my 7" Tab, IOS on my Ipad,
But for the phone. It has got to be WindowsPhone. (can't wait to see WindowsRT for my tablet)

I love my WP7. The best phone OS.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That's such a ton of crap that I'm surprised that your keyboard doesn't ... whatever.

If you think that many people are worried over such social status that a phone can bring them, I think you're wrong.

Many people upgraded from the 800 to the 900 for the extra screen real estate and didn't gain nothing "light years" ahead.

Please show me a phone that is "light years" ahead of the last. And if you say the 920 is light years ahead of the 900 or the 800, then you need to grab a thesaurus.

You just cant assume that. I saw someone literally post on imore that they'd be glad to pay 800 or more for an iPhone if it meant more people werent able to buy one

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think for the most part we will remain the few. Granted, I think the iphone 5 looks awesome but am still more excited about where wp dev is moving towards.

I think when you have a large software attach rate (app store), people feel comfortable staying put. And there's something about the app store that makes people want to spend. Be it incredible sales, ridiculous variety etc...

I give iphone "cool" dominance at least another 2-3 generation cycles. People in my lab getting out of contracts are still moving in hordes to get this 5 while I'm scratching my head.

Ms has already showed us how hard it is to move development support away from critical masses. And we're barely seeing a shift towards developing more for Android as well.

I'm a longtime ms ****** but people who can be considered isheep will just think the old ladies with their phone are ironic and hip too.

suprphrk

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Phones in General

I too went from a Focus to an L900. I did it more for the larger screen, faster processor and the most obvious reason was for the LTE since I have it in my area. I actually did a side by side comparison of loading PvZ and my L900 actually loaded it up 9 seconds faster.. that's pretty good and has saved me a ton of time over the past 6 months :D

30% upgrade cause they have the ability to and have the upgrade credit or their contract is due for renewal.

That's exactly why I'm going from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5. I'm on Sprint, and have 0 choices for WP7 or 8. I have nothing against it, but all of the other carriers' services are terrible at my house, and Sprint seems to be the only thing that will keep my calls going with a decent speed on the data side.

All in all, it comes down to which your preference is. Cameras, meh. If I?m looking for doing a good quality video (over 720p, which most phones do anyway), I?ll take along my video camera that does 1080p and won?t get interrupted if someone calls me. Thinner, who cares. Once you hit a certain point, thinner gets worse. I don?t want to talk into a piece of paper or cardboard, it doesn?t feel right in the hand. Phones - the bigger the screen, the worse it is... again, TO ME.

Overall, they?re both awesome. I?m leaning toward a Windows phone, but they just have to get up more in the market. Granted, Apple is SUPER-saturated with apps (I search for PDF viewer and it returns 65,535 apps, have to dig through them). Android, it just seems like it?s not quite polished enough for me. The experiences I?ve had with what seems like leaks in Android make it frustrating, and they seem to get nowhere near the battery life that the Win/iOS gives.

I think it?s a close race between Win and Apple, and I?m torn. I like the good-ole? standby of the Apple apps and what I?m used to there. It seems like I can play with the phone more on an Apple. Windows does seem more buttoned-down, which is surprising, as far as stability and lack of runaway processes. So I think as the market gets more Windows-oriented (took Google a year or so) it?ll come down to who wants what.

Again, I like to think of myself as a non iSheep. Since I've been here, my current job has allowed me to try out the iPhone 3GS, Evo, Evo 3D, Samsung (forget the model but it was WP7), iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, Xoom, T-Mobile G-Slate, HP Slate 500, ASUS EP121, and Samsung Slate 7. I also have a MacBook and MBP at home, and have had iMacs, Windows PC's, and Linux boxes and loved and hated each. So I'm pretty un-biased when it comes down to it.

It?s kinda sad that I have to pick the best of the worst carriers and then I?m pigeon-holed into phones based on that. I do like the iPhone though, and don?t have any problems I can?t get over. And as someone said - with what I've invested (iTunes, Apps, etc) the 200+ new features, non-ground-breaking as they may be, of the new iP5 are what's good enough for me to upgrade. Especially the 3 mentioned above.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I hear Apple had record queues this year...

Apple+Store_ba01a3_4114754.gif

LMAO :D

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not? I do find it quite unfortunate that Apple are taking their clientel for idiots. It's the same ol', soon to be 10 year old OS but polished up differently. Karma will have it's way and it will catch up to them one day. I've been a Blackberry user for quite some time now, but I must admit that Windows Phone 8 is exactly the change I've been looking for. Fresh, intuative and modern. Thus far the Nokia Lumia 920 is my next device of choice. What a sexy phone!

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
People but it because it's pretty. I've seen men buy the iPhone because they are under the impression that they will get laid faster. I wonder if I got the Nokia 920. Would I get laid faster? Then I could impress girls with my tiles.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
People but it because it's pretty. I've seen men buy the iPhone because they are under the impression that they will get laid faster. I wonder if I got the Nokia 920. Would I get laid faster? Then I could impress girls with my tiles.

My goodness, if it were that simple, even I would succumb to the forbidden fruit, lol.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 friends that don't want the iPhone 5 because it doesn't have the iPhone 4s's the glass front and back. Its not shiny anymore. I wonder what the difference in percent a man has in being laid between the iPhone 4S & iPhone 5.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like the iPhone and don't want to use one, what does it matter to you what everyone else is using.
Yes too many iNaives out there!!! Tired of it, we NEED change. And Windows Phone 8 will FINALLY deliver that to us, I wholeheartedly believe.

Lumia 920, here I come!!!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Analysts were saying they would sell about 6-10 million this past weekend but they didn't live up to that and only sold 5 million. It also went on sale in more countries (9) compared to previous releases so that translates to fewer sales per country.

Looks like people are finally waking up and seeing other options out there. Makes sense why Apple is going after Samsung so badly - they're running scared about losing marketshare.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Analysts were saying they would sell about 6-10 million this past weekend but they didn't live up to that and only sold 5 million. It also went on sale in more countries (9) compared to previous releases so that translates to fewer sales per country.

Looks like people are finally waking up and seeing other options out there. Makes sense why Apple is going after Samsung so badly - they're running scared about losing marketshare.

Analysts should have listened to Big Supes. :D

In all seriousness though, analysts drive me insane. They can be so bias to keep confidence in a brand.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Analysts should have listened to Big Supes. :D

In all seriousness though, analysts drive me insane. They can be so bias to keep confidence in a brand.

Most analysts are just out there to help keep Apple stock prices high. From what I have heard from people in the finance sector, there are a lot of people (including banks, and investment companies) who have gotten rich off Apple stock. Makes sense when you see the mainstream media plugging Apple the way they do.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can see 10% in 2013 If RIM doesn't knock a homerun, which I don't think they will, and MS picking up the feature phone users.
I think they said by the end of 2012, and it ain't over till the big Steve sings.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
iPhone is no longer cool... If not now then it's definitely on the way to being one. I own a L900 and when my 2 iphone-loving nephews came to my house for a visit last weekend, both of them were practically ogling & cuddling my beloved baby L900. Mind you, one of them juz got his iPhone 5 & he is having buyer's remorse after seeing my cool L900. I truly can't fathom what the upcoming L920 will do to them if I got it later. Btw, I got a chance to touch/feel my nephew's iPhone 5, I must say I m not impressed at all. It really feel and look very anorexic & emptily lite. I m truly vindicated by my L900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2