Tempted by the iPhone 5S, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I already switched from the 1020 to the iPhone 5s, which I got yesterday.
Had the Nokia 808, 920, Galaxy S4 and the recent 1020 but never felt those phones were nearly as reliable as my iPhones in terms of hardware and software.
I like to use my smartphone with 1 hand only and the iPhone's size is just perfect for that.
I don't regret my decision. ;)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but if you thought I can somehow judge what kind of person you are from a bunch of live tiles on your phone then you're mistaken. You can go ahead and test it with any random person you meet.

I really don't know why but that post makes no sense, its like a person from USA saying rest of the world (Anything outside USA) is Arabs.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but if you thought I can somehow judge what kind of person you are from a bunch of live tiles on your phone then you're mistaken. You can go ahead and test it with any random person you meet.

Well then simply, you aren't trying.

- My family live tile is bigger than the rest, so that means I want to be more in the loop of my family than my friends

- My text tile is the same size so that shares the same importance

- My music section gives a glimpses of some artists I like to listen to

And so forth. But again, it doesn't seem you buy the whole idea of live tiles anyways so there's no point in trying to get you to understand

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Well then simply, you aren't trying.

- My family live tile is bigger than the rest, so that means I want to be more in the loop of my family than my friends

- My text tile is the same size so that shares the same importance

- My music section gives a glimpses of some artists I like to listen to

And so forth. But again, it doesn't seem you buy the whole idea of live tiles anyways so there's no point in trying to get you to understand
That sounds more like the script of a commercial. I'm sorry, I don't buy any of that even for a second. I 'buy' the whole idea of live tiles, I just don't buy the idea that they somehow show what kind of person you are. And even if they did, so what?! Why would you want your phone showing your personality anyway?

By your logic you can easily judge what kind of person I am from my iPhone screen. The first home screen has all the social networks (FB, Twitter, Tumble, Pinterest, Instagram etc) listed. You can easily tell that I like to be in the loop with my friends and family. So on and so forth.... Similarly I can apply the same logic on my Android home screen as well.

The logic itself is very poor, but don't think once applied it applies on Windows Phone only.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
A script from a commercial? LMAO........ok. And why would I want a phone that shows my personality? I guess that would be a question you'd have to ask Microsoft since they opted to go this route instead of the other routes like their competitors. And if I didn't want a phone that shows my personality, why would I buy it?

Uh....no. I cannot easily judge who you are by your iOS screen besides the fact that you probably download a bunch of apps that you seldolmly use. Same for Android

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That sounds more like the script of a commercial. I'm sorry, I don't buy any of that even for a second. I 'buy' the whole idea of live tiles, I just don't buy the idea that they somehow show what kind of person you are. And even if they did, so what?! Why would you want your phone showing your personality anyway?

By your logic you can easily judge what kind of person I am from my iPhone screen. The first home screen has all the social networks (FB, Twitter, Tumble, Pinterest, Instagram etc) listed. You can easily tell that I like to be in the loop with my friends and family. So on and so forth.... Similarly I can apply the same logic on my Android home screen as well.

The logic itself is very poor, but don't think once applied it applies on Windows Phone only.

Some people dont like to show their personality. Okay. So?

Just because you don't like to do it doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to others.

Your logic is largely egocentric.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Some people dont like to show their personality. Okay. So?

Just because you don't like to do it doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to others.

Your logic is largely egocentric.

The creator of this thread is panned, i mean fanned or rather canned, i mean banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes