Why do I get an error code when trying to install BSOD atikmpag.sys(Windows 8.1)?

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
BSOD atikmpag.sys(Windows 8.1) Please help

I have a lenovo g510 laptop with win 8.1 on it and i have had it for an year now ever since i updated the amd radeon graphics driver i have been getting a bsod on startup
with the error code System_Service_Exception (atikmpag.sys) and it restarts and i have no idea how to fix it i did try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but that does not help but i do know that is related to a bug in the amd driver. Please help

Specs
Intel Core-I5 4200M 2.50 Ghz
4Gb Ram
Amd Radeon HD 8500M Series along with intel hd graphics

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: BSOD atikmpag.sys(Windows 8.1) Please help

LOL... I Binged it and it is a quagmire of complaints. Check this thread: bsod atikmdag.sys windows 8.1 [Solved] - Blue Screen - Windows 8 esp the advice about BIOS graphic card config.

Good Luck.

Well after spending the entire day uninstalling and installing drivers and what not i just downloading the amd driver from the lenovo support site and completely uninstalled the other driver which caused huge flashing screen issue when i restarted but i managed to open the amd setup i downloaded and installed the driver from scratch and voila fixed it but i hope my computer will be okay after an entire day plagued with restarts shutdowns and the mother of unstable flashing screen (Due to completely removing the amd driver) but for now all is well and
I FIXED IT

Thank you

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad you got up and running again.

I often teach myself these types of torturous lessons only to forget again by the next time I need them... "What the heck did I do last time?" :crying:

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad you got up and running again.

I often teach myself these types of torturous lessons only to forget again by the next time I need them... "What the heck did I do last time?" :crying:

Hahahaha i basically wasted an entire day i could have spent studying all i had to do was just reinstall the older driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck