Black Screen After Domain Login - Lenovo G50. Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Black Screen After Domain Login - Lenovo G50

Hi Everyone,

I am in desperate need of assistance.

I have a Lenovo G50 laptop, purchased in Nov 2015 running windows 10 Pro.

I have two user accounts associated with the laptop - 1 is a local account, and 1 is a domain account.

Both profiles have been working just fine until the day before yesterday. After entering my password on the login screen for the domain account, I was taken into a blank, black screen (no desktop). I am able to see the white mouse cursor which moves across the screen. I am able to open the task manager but that is about it. Initially this problem affected both the user profiles. After some looking on the internet for possible solutions, I was able to enter the advanced boot options through the F8 function. I was able to safe mode the machine in safe mode to check if there is a problem with the device manager. Unable to detect any problems, I rebooted and was able to login to my local profile successfully - everything works here since.

I cannot seem to get the domain account to work - it still stakes me to the black screen every time I login. The advanced boot option does not allow me to access the domain account at all.

I have Kaspersky Total Security Antivirus loaded. I have done a full scan of the system with still no luck.

It cannot be the graphic card or the HDD if I have full functionality on my local profile.

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Waiting in anticipation :)))))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon