Gold/white Lumia 930; cosmetically perfect; as is

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a Lumia 930 purchased brand new from a reputable Amazon seller less than a year ago.

About a month ago the phone suddenly shut off. I haven't been able to get it to turn back on and don't know what the problem is. I tried troubleshooting to no avail and have decided to sell.

I'm selling this phone AS IS. It is in perfect cosmetic condition. I'll also throw in a used, gold Nillkin flip cover.

It may just be a simple fix, but I have no idea. Again, the phone is relatively new, was purchased brand new at the time, but I can't get the phone to turn on and am selling it as is. As mentioned, it is in mint cosmetic condition. Never a drop, not a single scratch, and water has never come near it.

Price: $280.00 or best offer
Carrier Locked or Unlocked?: Unlocked
Condition: Used, see description
Includes: Special edition gold/white Nokia Lumia 930, original charger, original box
Item Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Shipping Details: Ships US Only
Payment Options: Paypal
Additional Info: See description

Full specs:

LAUNCHAnnounced2014, April
StatusAvailable. Released 2014, July
BODYDimensions137 x 71 x 9.8 mm, 94.7 cc (5.39 x 2.80 x 0.39 in)
Weight167 g (5.89 oz)
SIMNano-SIM
DISPLAYTypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size5.0 inches (~70.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 3
- ClearBlack display
PLATFORMOSMicrosoft Windows Phone 8.1, planned upgrade to Windows 10
ChipsetQualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800
CPUQuad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400
GPUAdreno 330
MEMORYCard slotNo
Internal32 GB, 2 GB RAM
CAMERAPrimary20 MP, f/2.4, 26mm, Carl Zeiss optics, OIS, autofocus, dual-LED flash, check quality
Features1/2.5" sensor size, PureView technology, geo-tagging, face detection, panorama, HDR
Video2160p@30fps (after WP8 Denim update), 1080p@30fps, stereo sound rec., check quality
Secondary1.2 MP, 720p
SOUNDAlert typesVibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes
- Dolby Digital Plus
COMMSWLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetoothv4.0, A2DP, EDR, LE/ apt-X after WP8 Denim update
GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
NFCYes
RadioFM radio
USBmicroUSB v2.0
FEATURESSensorsAccelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, sensor core
MessagingSMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
BrowserHTML5
JavaNo
- Wireless charging (Qi-enabled) - market dependent
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- MP4/H.264/WMV player
- OneDrive (15 GB cloud storage)
- Document viewer
- Video/photo editor
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Ion 2420 mAh battery (BV-5QW)
Stand-byUp to 432 h
Talk timeUp to 11 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 15 h 30 min (3G)
Music playUp to 75 h

phone1.jpgphone2.jpgphone3.png

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OP, wasn't there a warrant on this thing when you originally purchased it?

I'm not trying to sway you from selling, but if there's even the active 1 year manufacturer's warranty that's still active, your best bet it to send it in and get a replacement. I get it's the gold version and they may not send another one like it back, but $280 for a phone that's not powering on is asking for a lot...

Hope you get it sold though.

G4 Approved

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
OP, wasn't there a warrant on this thing when you originally purchased it?

I'm not trying to sway you from selling, but if there's even the active 1 year manufacturer's warranty that's still active, your best bet it to send it in and get a replacement. I get it's the gold version and they may not send another one like it back, but $280 for a phone that's not powering on is asking for a lot...

Hope you get it sold though.

G4 Approved

No warranty here in the U.S. for it unfortunately. But I knew it when I bought it... as with many smartphone imports from Amazon it said (no warranty) in the listing. Microsoft here in the states won't even take money to fix the phone. Can't even initiate a repair ticket with them on this model of phone.

If you know anywhere in the U.S. I can get it fixed, please let me know.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if PALCO would repair it?
They don't show the 930 in their selection, yet they do fix the ICON/929's

First I've heard of them. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess if I create the ticket as a Lumia 929 would they really know the difference or reject it? It gave me an estimate of $102 online to fix.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
No warranty here in the U.S. for it unfortunately. But I knew it when I bought it... as with many smartphone imports from Amazon it said (no warranty) in the listing. Microsoft here in the states won't even take money to fix the phone. Can't even initiate a repair ticket with them on this model of phone.

If you know anywhere in the U.S. I can get it fixed, please let me know.

That's why I don't buy new phones on Amazon. I prefer here in the US places like B&H or ExpansysUSA... because you get the manufacturer warranty with them. There's another international site I use based in Hong Kong that gives manufacturer's warranty also.

Guy is right. Maybe you can try a local repairman to see as well...someone who has worked with Nokias is helpful. I liked that phone, so good luck.

G4 Approved

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope you get it fixed and sold but, with that being said. I would be into it for a parts phone for like $50 if you cant get rid of it.

I would gut the phone and swap the internals with my ICON, the look is different and I change my backs all the time. I cant see paying more than that to change the look on my phone.

Figured I would drop that out there but, good luck with your sale.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've sold the phone on Ebay. Please feel free to close this thread. @gordonfink was extremely helpful and even offered to try and test the phone with some spare parts to see if he can pinpoint the problem.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon