No Cortana or Keyboard

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My Band 2 upon trying to reply to a txt with Cortana always tells me to Make sure Cortana is on and the device is nearby - it is right beside be, along with the Band2.

My Nokia 930 shows BT is on and the band is connected. When I access the Band app - it synchronizes. I can also see my account info. Phone also detects it.
When I choose keyboard - it says 'connecting' then does nothing.

On Manage Tiles - Cortana shows turned off. And I can't turn it on. But the Cortana tile shows up on my Band2

I have tried rebooting both devices.

Any other suggestions?

Help?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Last edited:

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone now says it is connected....it tranferred data.
I tried to repair it...now the app says it's not connected.

Factory reset?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Did a factory reset....same issue.

Hello,

My Band 2 upon trying to reply to a txt with Cortana always tells me to Make sure Cortana is on and the device is nearby - it is right beside be, along with the Band2.

My Nokia 930 shows BT is on and the band is connected. When I access the Band app - it synchronizes. I can also see my account info. Phone also detects it.
When I choose keyboard - it says 'connecting' then does nothing.

On Manage Tiles - Cortana shows turned off. And I can't turn it on. But the Cortana tile shows up on my Band2

I have tried rebooting both devices.

Any other suggestions?

Help?

Thanks,

Mr. V

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
tried switching my units from metric to imperial - all while using the US regiong - still no luck with Cortana on the Band2.

Help?
Anyone?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I suppose Cortana is not activated on your phone. Are you in US region? I completely forgot how it worked on wp8.1... On w10m you can activate Cortana somewhere after taping search button.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, region is US and works on my phone!
What about my Band2? Does it have to be the same?

I suppose Cortana is not activated on your phone. Are you in US region? I completely forgot how it worked on wp8.1... On w10m you can activate Cortana somewhere after taping search button.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon