Microsoft Health App does not save Birthdays Year and Month

alecmcint

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
My Microsoft Band shows an extraordinary high volume of burned calories (factor 3 compared to what my Runkeeper or Fitbit app says). I easily reach a 5.500 burned calories a day, and a I am not doing the Iron Man.

I adjusted weight and height correct, but when I enter my birth year and month in my profile settings, save it, change to another view (e.g. History,...) and then back to My Profile, the settings for year and month are gone.

Already checked my settings at the Microsoft profile, and my age seems right.

So first assumption: The high amount of burned calories might have something to do with my non existing age.

Second question: Why does the App not save the my settings on my iPhone 6? My wifes Band works well with the iPhone 5s, both on IOS 8

I did a restart of iPhone, software reset of Band, uninstalled and installed the App again. No way to get my age in.

Anyone experiencing something like this? Microsoft Support had no idea.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. I'm not sure where it's saving to. You might want to make sure you're able to sync with the band and then try changing your birth date again. Failing that, you might try resetting the band.

alecmcint

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Sync does work. It syncs all data, I just updated the App and the firmware. Everything seems to work finde. I did a software reset on the band as well (pressed both buttons 30 Seconds).

Still: I am not able to save birth date and month. Fields stay empty.

Does the number of burned calories depend on age?

alecmcint

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Intersting effect: I registered a complete new Microsoft Account. Reset the device, reconnected to my iPhone with the new account, and Voila! It save month and year.
Reset the Band again, choosed my old Microsoft account, and again no way to save my age. Something might be wrong with my Microsoft account. Is there any known way to reset my old account?

alecmcint

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Update:
Works well with the new account, calories burned somewhat realistic.
But: Birthday one entered can not be changed afterwards even with the other account. Strange behaviour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes