Poll - Band 2 Face Up or Face Down

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Will you be wearing your Band 2 Face up or Face down?
With the new clasp design looking very odd on top of the wrist, I will be wearing it face up.
What about you?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I wore Band 1 on the inside. It is more natural that way, and a lot less obtrusive when checking notifications when in the presence of others. If you have it face out, the person you are talking to can see that there was some activity on your wrist. Inside for me.

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I wore the first gen with the face down and plan on doing the same with Band 2. As stated above for me it is very natural to turn my wrist inwards and read the info in landscape format.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I won't know the answer to that until I actually get it on my wrist. I wore Band 1 screen in, largely because the hr sensor was on the clasp, which (theoretically at least) is supposed to work better on the outside of the arm, away from the larger arteries/veins (optical hr is designed to measure capillary action, not artery). It also seemed easier to read the screen that way. Band 2 has the hr sensor on the back of the screen, so I will probably switch to screen out. But we'll see just what the contraption looks/feels like.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I resisted wearing my 1st Gen Band with the face down so much... until I gave it a shot. It just feels so much more natural!

I will have the face down on my 2nd Gen as well.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I wore my Band 1 face down, and liked the way it allowed me to unobtrusively look at e-mails and texts. However my Band 2 was just delivered and I really don't like the look of the stainless steel clasp sitting on top of my arm, It's big and clunky looking (note: it's really no bigger and clunkier feeling at all, it's just that the metal clasp looks clunkier than the clean black of Band 1 and feels as if it belongs on the other side). So at least to start with I'll be wearing it face up.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is neither here nor there, but this thread seems appropriate to share this little anecdote. During Satya's speech in the last presentation I saw him wearing a metal watch or something that I thought looked kind of cool. I couldn't get a good look at it though. Turns out what I was seeing was the metal clasp of the band 2. So another way to think of the clasp is that it can be a cool attention getter for others.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
IMO Microsoft really dropped the ball with the design of the clasp... it's horrific, having a square metal slab on top of your wrist. Sigh... maybe Band 3....

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Face down... Because of the orientation of the screen, it's the only way that feels natural. Not sure how people are comfortably interacting with it face up??? Had the screen been turned 90 degrees, like a classic/traditional watch, then I could see wearing it face up.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Face out always. Using a computer keyboard with the screen in is going to result in scratches unless you hold your hand unnaturally, at least for me. Have no problem using the 1st version on the outside and is a much better attention getter as it doesn't look like any of the other popular fitness bands out there and I always get questions then show what it is.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going face up to start. Have not been on my main computer since I got it and set it up though.

The larger palmrest of my MacBook Pro compared to my Lenovo Thinkpad will somewhat determine which way I wear it.

Via the Windows Central app on the Nexus 6

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A big metal brick on top of your wrist doesn't look odd?? Okaaaaaaaaay...

I think you're going a bit overboard describing it as a big metal brick. It's not that big. I mean have you seen those bigass expensive metal watches that millionaires wear? They're even more huge and gaudy. Okay this is going to come out really dumb, but to me the clasp looks like some kind of manly wristband some retro rock guy would wear. I mean if that's not your thing I get it, but don't pretend that it's not already a look that tons of guys rock with regular wristband jewelry. What do you want, a tiny string? It stounds out, it says MY WRIST IS POWERFUL. :)

Snapperlicious

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have a band 1, but I am currently using my band 2 face down. I understand the criticism about the large clasp on top of the wrist, but reading the display is much more natural with the display on the bottom. I might feel otherwise if the display were vertical, but having a horizontal display on top of the wrist is a little awkward.

Snapperlicious

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Face out always. Using a computer keyboard with the screen in is going to result in scratches unless you hold your hand unnaturally, at least for me. Have no problem using the 1st version on the outside and is a much better attention getter as it doesn't look like any of the other popular fitness bands out there and I always get questions then show what it is.

You suffer the risk of scratches either way. Stainless steel scratches pretty easily, but at least you can get a screen protector if you go display down. With that said, I think few will argue your point that it looks better on the wrist display up.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
With the first Band, I went face down. With Band 2, it's face up.

I've always preferred face down, *** up... but I guess that's another thread.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for "face down." I tried it on the outside of my wrist for the first hour or so I wore it, and I HATED reading the screen sideways.

Yeah, it looks a little silly to have a small metal square on my wrist where a watch would normally be, but it's not like there are paparazzi following me daily trying to catch me in a Fashion Mistake...

theojt

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
After using it both ways for a few days, I have to say that face down works best for me (on my right wrist). Reaching the button when face up seemed unnatural. I also chose the MS Band 2 over other health bands because it had the UV sensor - and wearing it face up precludes any meaningful use of that sensor. I've ordered a protector kit as I did notice that the metal surface on the buckle scratches rather easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon