Poll - Band 2 Face Up or Face Down

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Well, yeah. Why would anyone be walking without swinging their arms? And how would it determine when you are walking or when you're sitting still?

Lots of people walk without swinging their arms in certain situations. I've seen complaints of various sorts, ranging from women saying the thing doesn't count steps when they are carrying laundry baskets or babies, to guys complaining that they mowed their two-acre yard and it didn't count it. Maybe people expect too much from it.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Those people are generally missing the point. The number of steps isn't what matters, there is no actual correlation with a specific number of steps and specific health gauges. it's just a general indicator of activity. If you have a lot more steps than yesterday, good job you were a lot more active.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
face down - 5 days now - 18 hours a day on computer
plastic coated desk top but no scratches so far :?)

Ok 10 days in now and scratched have started to appear on the glass
guess its not that tough after all - I dont remember banging it hard into anything

Nay mind :?)

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Just switched from 1 to 2. I'm undecided. It is nice that is comfortable either way, which the Band 1 was not. For working at my desk now I'm wearing it screen up. I could care less about scratching the clasp (as long as it functions) but I do think when I'm away from the office I may swing it around. Not a big deal to swing it round, but I expect in a month I'll settle one way or the other.

When I first saw the clasp that jumped out at my is how much the UV sensor looks like a camera. I wonder with clasp out if people will think it is google glasses type of device that is capturing video? By the way is there a small CCD of some kind back there. Got me thinking if the refresh rate on it is quick enough could someone develop gesture based app. For example I have magic lantern on my Cannon DSLR, and they use the eye sensor on camera to make gesture based camera shutter (three quick waves in front of sensor to take picture). Gesture based controls would be very Microsoft way to do things.

Update: Now that I'm back at work I'm biking, and for the band 2 I like the face out for biking. When I bike I have my wrists bent back. with the clasp on the outside and the band snug it can fell a bit sharp against the back of my hand. That didn't happen with band 1 clasp.

Last edited:

Mark de Vries

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Face up because face down the bulky clasp seems weird and strange. However, with the face down the screen is much better and easier to read...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tharika1234