Rash developing

Lyle K

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
This is my third Band 1...
The second and third ones to start showing signs of corrosion or bubbling at the HR sensor area.
MS replaced the second one but this one is failing quicker.
Additionally, I now have a rash developing in the same area!
I rinse my Band after every workout to remove sweat/salt.
If this is a problem with Band 2, I may need to re-think which product I'll use going forward.
Even though I love the Band, the constant replacing (3 in less than 9 months) and the little things like loss of HR during workouts and this rash/corrosion issue are making me wonder if there isn't something better.
MS... How about some answers!?
I'm not spending $250 on a product that I can't depend on.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Over a month with my Armorsuit I haven't had any more rash issues. A couple times I have had it on too tight and got a mild irritation but it went away pretty quick. With the Armorsuit skin covering the metal I haven't had any issues with corrosion occurring. I replaced my Band 1 three times because of the corrosion issue, glad so far not having to deal with that issue.

Baldie

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been a band 1 owner for a long time and just ugpraded to the band 2. I had no skin irritation issues with the band 1 and after 2 days with the band 2, I have some skin irritation with metal pieces are where the clasp is. I did go for a run yesterday and but I wiped it down afterwards. I'll try to loosen it a little and see what happens as someone mentioned here.

I really would hate to have to take this back.

snakies

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
The band 1 gave me a rash as well as my wife. I have yet to develop a rash with the band 2, despite wearing it nearly all day every day. My wife, who exercises and wears her band to the gym, everyday, has started to get a rash. Maybe she just needs to wipe it down more frequently after sweating on it all the time.

Baldie

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
The band 1 gave me a rash as well as my wife. I have yet to develop a rash with the band 2, despite wearing it nearly all day every day. My wife, who exercises and wears her band to the gym, everyday, has started to get a rash. Maybe she just needs to wipe it down more frequently after sweating on it all the time.

That might be the fix. I got my band 2 this past saturday. Wore it all day. Went for a run Sunday morning. I wiped it down afterwards but maybe not good enough. Wore it all day/night Sunday and noticed Monday morning the skin discoloration. Took it off all day Monday. When I got home from work, I wiped it down good this time. I put it on my other arm afterwards (to let my right wrist take a break). Tuesday morning no skin discoloration and left wrist. Looks also that my right wrist skin discoloration is pretty much gone. So I put it back on my right wrist (normally where it there) and I've been checking it often and so far so good.

snakies

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
That might be the fix. I got my band 2 this past saturday. Wore it all day. Went for a run Sunday morning. I wiped it down afterwards but maybe not good enough. Wore it all day/night Sunday and noticed Monday morning the skin discoloration. Took it off all day Monday. When I got home from work, I wiped it down good this time. I put it on my other arm afterwards (to let my right wrist take a break). Tuesday morning no skin discoloration and left wrist. Looks also that my right wrist skin discoloration is pretty much gone. So I put it back on my right wrist (normally where it there) and I've been checking it often and so far so good.

This has been the fix for my wife as well. Now that she wipes it down after each work out, and cleans it occasionally with wet wipes, she hasnt experienced any rashes developing.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that as well. While my Band 2 charges up each night I put a little lotion on my wrist and just make sure to let it dry before putting the band back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes