UK Bands Shipping soon!

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine arrived quite early this morning (from Amazon logistics). So far very impressed, particularly with Cortana. If you ask the watch a simple question (for example, 'how old is Brad Pitt' it actually shows you the answer on the watch display. For more complicated search results it will refer you to the phone. Vioce recognition seems bang on, easy to create reminders, notes etc. Very responsive display, no lag when opening tiles. I am excited to see what the developer community can get up to with this new device. Now just need my 950XL to ship on time (pre-ordered that too). Anyone would think it was Xmas.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Daymouse, I'm looking at buying one but on the measuring tape from the PDF from the Microsoft site, I'm right on the border of M and S if I have it snug with no gaps.

Did you use this to measure? Do you know your wrist measurement? (Just trying to make sure I get it right.)

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Daymouse, I'm looking at buying one but on the measuring tape from the PDF from the Microsoft site, I'm right on the border of M and S if I have it snug with no gaps.

Did you use this to measure? Do you know your wrist measurement? (Just trying to make sure I get it right.)

I have the band 1 in medium and that is the right size wearing in the middle of the clasp.

My wrist is 18cm the band 2 I can close completely and it's still slightly too big.

Hope that helps

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
When I used the tape, my wrist was right on the border of M and L. I decided to gamble and go for medium, I'm glad I did as the clasp is only half way when it sits comfortably. I think the measurer is a bit misleading as the strap for the band doesnt sit flat on your skin all the way round. So although it looked like I needed a large, medium was way big enough.

As an aside, I have been playing with it a fair bit so put it on its charger - man that works fast, you can pretty much watch the % ticking up in real time. (45% --> 88% in about 15 mins.)

Jayddo

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Dang, Amazon hasn't even shipped my Band 2 yet ): Seeing as I am in Italy, I will have to wait for next week I guess.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I think I got a dodgy one as I printed the measure thing off wrapped it round the inside of the watch and the size falls at the high end of the medium section and most of the large section! Fuming! Now I've ordered the small from Amazon which might be too small of the medium is faulty. Don't know how it could be though! Unless it's a large put in a medium box

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I was surprised to get the shipping notification, I thought when they said availabiltity was the 19th, that was when it would get to Amazon. I assumed it would be a few more days before it shipped to me, so a nice surprise for the weekend.

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Had the shipping notification in my mail yesterday (Wednesday 18 Nov) at 2.41pm CET, today Thursday at 11am I had it in hands in Switzerland. Excellent performance and service, thank you, MSUK.

Vic Viper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Got up first thing this morning and went to Currys/PC World where they had one on display also with a strap to check your size. Once I found out my size I went round to Argos to apply for a store card and picked up a medium. I must admit I think the size band was off but fits snug on the tightest setting. After this I shot over to Cex and traded my band one for a voucher. All in all a good day, loving the band 2!!!

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
My girlfriend and her mum went to Argos last night, tested out a medium, found they were too big and they both got a small each. I set both of them up for them on their Lumias and they're really happy with them so far. No doubt I will work as tech support when they are unsure of anything.

I'm currently waiting on my Argos card so I can pick mine up.

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Still hasn't received my shipping notification. although i ordered only yesterday i think it read somewhere that they would ship the next day.

What time they usually send the shipping notifications?

Also i am now pretty scared that I chose too big as I went with Medium. The sizing guide on MS UK store page showed that I would be at the border or S/M size and they recommended to get the bigger one...but reading your comments that might have been a wrong choice then?

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I was borderline M/L and they recommended large. I chose to go medium, good job as the large would have been way to big. Medium sits nicely on my wrist with the clasp pretty much bang in the middle between the loosest and tightest settings.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't feel as though the first Band was uncomfortable but Band 2 is so much better, a great display too. I'm just contemplating whether to get a screen protector for it.
Also I'm on the cashback site to trade in my Band and it appears to have a glitch; there is no dropdown for the purchased product.

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Seems UPS ****ed everything up (again). My band is now held in the warehouse in germany and hasn't moved since saturday. I would have tought that it would have left from Germany last nigh...so i guess i won't be getting my B2 today as was first estimated

EDIT: Nvm, just magically appeared in Helsinki and it's out for delivery

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon