got band 2 from uk.
    I use a lot cortana on my lumia 1520.. then I was ready, finally to show off and talk to cortana from my wrist but,,,
    life isnt fair or easy... why band 2 action button do nothing if I press it, when language is set to italian? telephone language is italian, band 2 is in italia not through an app (like the great pimp my band) but as a native option.
    only

the only thing it has to do is send my voice to the phone that will understand it and act.

but no. it doesent workl...

any suggestion or help?
    11-27-2015 12:45 PM
    no help from here, but same situation in Germany: Cortana on Band 2 is off... pressing the action button results in... nothing :(
    11-28-2015 01:08 PM
    You have to put the band in english. I have the phone and Cortana in spanish, set the band 2 in english and it works perfectly well.
    fdruid likes this.
    12-07-2015 02:28 AM
    You have to put the band in english. I have the phone and Cortana in spanish, set the band 2 in english and it works perfectly well.
    wow, thats right! i put the band in english and Works!
    thanks

(Gracias gaizka. yo tambin la tengo toda en espaol y vea desde hace das que no funcionaba)
    12-07-2015 05:14 AM
    So it's a fact then, it doesn't work in other languages than English? I just reset my Band 2 to try to fix this. Luckily everything seems to work as before (except Cortana, well). I read some scary stories about not syncing right, which it did for me, and was afraid I'd broken something that didn't need fixing.

In any case, it would be important to have this feature for non-US speakers too. Let's petition or bug MS or something.

The drawback for this, and I guess it's the only one I've found out by testing is, is that the Band 2's dictionary is in english, so you won't be able to reply properly with texts. It does work with Cortana dictation, seeing that it does the speech to text translation in the phone and it uses its own language setting.
    This is all very weird.
    06-06-2016 09:55 PM