no Cortana after Build 2.0.3923.0 26 R update

E D B

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
After the update yesterday, my Band 2 looses Cortana function with my Lumia 640 running the latest W10M build. Do you experience the same issue?

The other connection is fine, I can sync, can control music, can receive notification, but just cannot start Cortana on my phone.
Previously, it has about 70% percent success rate working with Cortana; even when it does not, it actually starts Cortana on my phone (I can see the Cortana on phone screen), but loses communication after that.

This time, it simply does not start Cortana at all, the phone screen still shows the start screen as if nothing happened.

chadiswar

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Same. I have also lost the ability to type on the keyboard for text messages. I have done a factory reset of the band but same results; keyboard just says "connecting".

E D B

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the solution. Just reinstall the Microsoft Health app, that simple. You don't even need to unregister your band before that. After reinstallation, it automatically recognizes the band, and now Cortana works fine.

Lox333

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that Cortana, replying to texts and keyboard activity stopped again after upgrading to the latest Band 2 firmware (2.0.4212.0 26 R) with my Lumia 1520 running on Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.10586.107

I followed the advice of removing and reinstalling the Health App on my phone and this resolved the issue.

EDIT: That said, I had to use the keyboard on the Band 2 once before voice would work (it kept claiming it had heard nothing). Also, I can now only reply to the LAST text message I've received. It goes through the motions of letting me compose a reply to an older text and send it, but actually doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I followed the advice of removing and reinstalling the Health App on my phone and this resolved the issue.

Every single time there's an update to the Health app and my Band's firmware smartwatch functionality breaks. The only thing that continues to work is syncing tracking data and weather data. Although, even then, syncs seem slower than they were even on my old 920. I'll also occasionally encounter outdated weather data, but that seems more infrequent.

Every time I have problems with connectivity the same thing happens; I lose access to the keyboard, I can't hang up on calls and I can't access Cortana. It seems to me like the phone is able to pull data from the Band, but isn't listening when the Band tries to send a request.

Back when I first got my 950 this functionality rarely worked properly. Doing a hard reset fixed it for a good month and a half. Then Microsoft updated the Health app and I started running into problems again. The first time deleting and recreating the Bluetooth profile fixed the issue. The second time reinstalling the Health app did the trick. This time neither has helped.

A hard reset will probably fix it again, but that's a silly way to resolve this issue. And subsequent updates will probably break things again. It's hard to understand what the hell they're doing over at Microsoft. I could accept my 3 year old 920 having issues, but this is ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon