Band 2 Gorilla Glass not so "Gorilla"

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, after a month plus of wearing the Band 2 I noticed a cluster of fine scratches on the display glass. Not sure what I did, likely banged into something or scraped when rummaging through a drawer. Didn't bother with a screen protector obviously since I thought it was a waste of money for the display size and hey, it's Gorilla Glass (tm). I wear the Band display on top of wrist since I didn't want to scratch it when using a computer mouse or whatever. Oh well. Now I'm googling how to perhaps buff these fine scratches out. Ideas?

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
There will be some options like polishers used to remove scratches from cars, but in the end you won?t be helped at all because these scratches are weak spots now. Within a week you?ll see them again when the polish has disappeared.

By the way i totally don?t recognize your complaints, I actually am quite suprised about how scratchless the display was and still is after 2 weeks of normal usage (also without screen protector).

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine has several tiny scratches as well. I wear it screen in. I could never get a screen protector to last more than a few weeks on my B1 so I didn't try with my B2. I'm a bit surprised by the number of scratches but maybe I'm harder on it than I realize. They don't effect the readability of the screen.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a few fine scratches too now but as ill prolly replace this in a year im not to fussed :?)
<wow I must be ill I actualy posted a happy post> :?)

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wear mine on the outside, and have had it since it was released here in the states. No scratches, and I haven't been particularly careful about it. It must be because I bought the coverage, it's going to last forever. No complaints, though! :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a microfiber cloth to wipe it down? Sometimes what look like scratches can be wiped off. You can also put some coconut oil on it and wipe it with the cloth. People have used polish but dunno how that would affect it if it's oleophobic.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Gorilla Glass isn't scratch proof, just merely scratch resistant. Even with it you will experience scratches over the days, weeks, and months of use. As for fixing it? Not much you can do beyond buy a screen protector now. Polish will only cover up the scratches at best, and won't prevent future ones from showing up.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
As a material science engineer, I was always laughing when people think the gorilla was strong like diamond, while they are not. Even diamond could possibly break under certain conditions. So yes Gorilla glass is way better than those old ones, but there are still chances they will scratch and break.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon