Windows Holographic on other devices?

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It looked like one of the "cinemagraphs" they showed in the beginning had a guy looking "through" his tablet at a hologram on the table of a burning Colosseum...
Are there any news about putting the Holographic stuff into phones and tablets, so people can follow what the one with the Hololens is seeing?
Since the Hololens probably won't be cheap, this could involve more people in games, and other stuff in the augmented world...
Do you guys think we will see any of that soon?
Would it maybe require an HPU in the device?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If MS decided to connect PC gamers with Xbox gamers, then the next step would be to try and connect Phone gamers (lol) and afterwards Holo gamers :p

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The closest you can get to that with a screen would be to use the rear camera to generate the screen background and then overlay it with the"holograms" - it would be 2d but seem like looking through the tablet.

Erik Sa

May 20, 2014
Visit site
The closest you can get to that with a screen would be to use the rear camera to generate the screen background and then overlay it with the"holograms" - it would be 2d but seem like looking through the tablet.

Just like they did during the announcement. Showing on stage what the cameraman was filming while overlaying the holograms live. The technology obviously exists, but if we'll ever see it on our phones.... Time will tell!

It would be awesome to take pictures of your friend while he/she is interacting and walking around in his/her own IRL minecraft world!

secher

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Just like they did during the announcement. Showing on stage what the cameraman was filming while overlaying the holograms live. The technology obviously exists, but if we'll ever see it on our phones.... Time will tell!

It would be awesome to take pictures of your friend while he/she is interacting and walking around in his/her own IRL minecraft world!

Exactly what I was thinking... But it looked like the camera had some serious tech on it... I'm thinking a tablet or phone would strugle, without a dedicated HPU, but maybe we will see something later... :)

sl#WP

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This is the only reason for the sci-fi cliche, transparent phone!

The transparent phone is certainly possible even right now, but it is not through image overlay, it is applying the same HoloLens technology to the phone. The phone is Hololens, it can detect your eyes and beam lights to the eyes, but the field of view would be smaller depending on how far you place the phone in front of your eyes. I believe they are working on this, I have read something indicating they have been working this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6