L535 software update problem using windows recovery tool

MuhammadShafiq219

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
hi assalam o alaikum...
i am Muhammad Shafiq from Pakistan. i was tying to update the software for lumai 535 dual but it gave an error. the software download is stucked in 0%. so i tried windows recovery tool. but when the file downloaded reach to 99% it fails due to the error shown below. please help me.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150324_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150324_0002.png
    59 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20150327_06_26_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150327_06_26_00_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
You don't seem to be on wifi and that Recovery tool version is ancient.

Updates work best over an active fast wi-fi connection and your recovery tool on PC needs to be updated.
The latest version is 5.07 I believe.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
hi assalam o alaikum...
i am Muhammad Shafiq from Pakistan. i was tying to update the software for lumai 535 dual but it gave an error. the software download is stucked in 0%. so i tried windows recovery tool. but when the file downloaded reach to 99% it fails due to the error shown below. please help me.

Have you tried connecting your phone to WiFi and then download the update directly from your phone? Also make sure that your phone has at least 50% charge.

MuhammadShafiq219

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
when my phone is offline or connected to wifi or connected to network, there is nothing happening in software download menu. the software update always remain 0% since 2 months. i am uploading the screenshot. if i remove this 0% in some way then may be i become able to update my phone. i how to finish this , i am waiting for your answers

wp_ss_20150324_0002.png

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
when my phone is offline or connected to wifi or connected to network, there is nothing happening in software download menu. the software update always remain 0% since 2 months. i am uploading the screenshot. if i remove this 0% in some way then may be i become able to update my phone. i how to finish this , i am waiting for your answers

View attachment 100699

The screenshot you uploaded doesn't seem to indicate that your phone is connected to a WiFi network - your phone needs to be connected to a WiFi network to download major updates. Your phone cannot download updates (or anything for that matter) when it is "offline".

MuhammadShafiq219

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
The screenshot you uploaded doesn't seem to indicate that your phone is connected to a WiFi network - your phone needs to be connected to a WiFi network to download major updates. Your phone cannot download updates (or anything for that matter) when it is "offline".

i have tried after connecting with a wifi, but it doesnot move from 0 %.
i want to know can i download update using network?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
i have tried after connecting with a wifi, but it doesnot move from 0 %.
i want to know can i download update using network?

In most cases, you won't be able to download the update through a network (Firmware updates sometimes can be downloaded through 3G/4G... if the update is "small"). However, you may "force" the update through 3G/4G, but you need another phone for this. Basically, you need to set a different phone as a "hot spot" via Settings > Internet Sharing, and then connect the phone you want to update to that "hot spot".

Make sure that the 3G/4G network that you will be using in a different phone has a sufficient "data cap" - some mobile service providers have a daily cap of 1GB, even if they say that they offer "unlimited" data. This means that you won't be able to download the update if it is greater than 1GB if you have a data cap of 1GB.

MuhammadShafiq219

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
In most cases, you won't be able to download the update through a network (Firmware updates sometimes can be downloaded through 3G/4G... if the update is "small"). However, you may "force" the update through 3G/4G, but you need another phone for this. Basically, you need to set a different phone as a "hot spot" via Settings > Internet Sharing, and then connect the phone you want to update to that "hot spot".

Make sure that the 3G/4G network that you will be using in a different phone has a sufficient "data cap" - some mobile service providers have a daily cap of 1GB, even if they say that they offer "unlimited" data. This means that you won't be able to download the update if it is greater than 1GB if you have a data cap of 1GB.

ok i am trying this method and after that i will post here. thanks for your comments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon