How can I get my Lumia 535 Internal Ringtones?

Rita Lincolnshire

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 535 Internal Ringtones

Hi - I am seeking help (again) so that I, in turn, can help my father:grincry:

He put some music on his SD card and changed his ringtone on his phone to one of the songs on the SD card. Now when we wants to put one of the phone's original ringtones on, he said that it does not show any. He said that when he goes to ringtones he can only see the music on the SD card.

I assume he has altered a setting so that it is only looking at the SD card for ringtones (external ringtones) and not the phone (internal ringtones) itself.

Can anybody advise me how to get back to the phone's ringtones please? Thank you:kiss:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 535 Internal Ringtones

Hmm, I don't remember seeing a setting that toggles the location of the ringtones folder from the phone to SD Card and vice versa in the Lumia 535. Also, I think only the audio files (including music files) placed in the Phone/Ringtones folder are those that can be set as a ringtone.

Did he check the Phone Settings > ringtones+sounds > Ringtone and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to see the list of the default ringtones?

Rita Lincolnshire

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi GP - thank you so much for coming to my rescue again. Perhaps he has not scrolled down enough as you have suggested, when I speak to him tomorrow I will check with him. If not, I will be seeing him on Tuesday and I will have a look on his phone. Many thanks for the suggestion. I am only used to an Android phone and I know on my phone that I can select a ringtone and it asks me if I want one from the internal source or the external source. I wondered if he had perhaps altered a setting. Thanks again for your help x

Rita Lincolnshire

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi I have spoken to my father and he insists that the default ringtones are not showing on the phone. The problem is that he plays around with all the settings on the phone whilst learning all about it, so whether he has managed to erase them I don't know. Perhaps he is not looking in the right place - I will be seeing him tomorrow and when I can get my hands on his phone I'll try to check it, in case they are at the bottom. Failing that I can see yet another RESET :grin: I'll keep you posted.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I don't think he would be able to erase the default ringtones from his phones - they're not even accessible to "normal users".:cool:
Will be frequenting this page looking forward to your findings.

Rita Lincolnshire

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi GP - you were so right, when I looked at my dad's phone today, all the ringtones were there:grin: He had connected his phone to the computer and when he looked at the ringtones folder, it didn't show any default ringtones although there was some music he had put on. Perhaps this is because the default ringtones are "protected". He had also told me that even the music he had put on did not play as a ringtone. When I looked at the phone when it was disconnected from the PC, all the default ringtones were there, plus the music he had put on. All of them played perfectly as a ringtone, my dad had just got confused on how to select them.

Thanks again for your input - it would help if I had a Windows phone then when he had a problem I would be able to check it out on my own phone, but once again many thanks for your assistance.

xxx

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

You're welcome, Rita.

Just let us know if anything comes up... or perhaps when you start considering purchasing a Windows Phone for yourself.:wink:

Rita Lincolnshire

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I had just purchased another Android phone prior to my dad getting his Windows phone - having seen how good his phone is, I wish that I had purchased one, I am very impressed with it. I have learnt about it, trying to unravel his "problems" with it. Thanks again. No doubt I will be back with another query before long xx Thanks again for your help xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk