**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, here's hoping that developers would catch up. Didn't mean to hijack your thread though, my apologies. 😊 Any Google Plus alternative app out there?

Don't apologize I like chatting all things lumia especially this phone lol. Never need to say sorry here lol. I don't really use google drive alternatives as I would be concerned with security issues (hacking etc.) I just use Edge browser version of google drive. Takes a bit longer but its more secure. :) ?ire

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Buddy u should go for lumia 640xl. I have update it on windows 10 preview build . I have never done a reset and its working like charm no lags at all not even 1% . Running 3 big games and still so smooth. Go for it

So happy your liking it. Its actually insanely snappy on the current production build of wp10. Its a fully fledged phablet now. ?ire

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's an outstanding phone for the money. Get the Microsoft back covers in all colors, including the wallet back covers. You will still be cheaper than many phones and accessories....and you will have a different phone every day

Yes you can dress it up with what your wearing so the phone becomes a fashion statement I love my cyan original Microsoft wallet case its super protective and stylish. ?ire

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Lumia 640XL user here.

I wanted to know how safe/risky is it to upgrade it to windows 10 mobile through the upgrade advisor aap(production ring)?

I totally agree with Tarun its really reliable. Id suggest to install IT via the upgrade advisor app as that is a finished OS and its 100% stable. ?ire

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
i used to own a lumia 520 as well. I am using a lumia 640xl cyan now. Read the post of coconutxyz. Don't know what lumia 640xl he is using (if he is even really using one at all) but i completely disagree with what he says about the lumia 640 xl. Sure the lumia 640xl is not a flagship phone, but after using it as my everyday phone for about 2 months now, i would definitely recommend it if your planning on buying one. You may watch video reviews of the phone to know more about what it can offer. So far, i am not disappointed with it's performance.

i totally agree.. :)

Mohamed Saldin

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes really great phone, compatible with Windows10mobile. these are the grate thing is this phone. because I'm using Microsoft Lumia 640XL. You must use Micro SD Memory card Class 10 or higher.
1. Cheap price.
2. 13 MP Carl Zess Rear camera,
3. Great battery life 3000mA
4. 5 MP Full HD front Camera.
5. super fast with windows 10 mobile.
6. lot of camera features that you will use only 640XL or higher eg: Living Images, HDR, Digital video Stabilization.
7. Glance Screen.
and more.
I'm fully recommended these phone till Microsoft have lowest Price great phone till.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes really great phone, compatible with Windows10mobile. these are the grate thing is this phone. because I'm using Microsoft Lumia 640XL. You must use Micro SD Memory card Class 10 or higher.
1. Cheap price.
2. 13 MP Carl Zess Rear camera,
3. Great battery life 3000mA
4. 5 MP Full HD front Camera.
5. super fast with windows 10 mobile.
6. lot of camera features that you will use only 640XL or higher eg: Living Images, HDR, Digital video Stabilization.
7. Glance Screen.
and more.
I'm fully recommended these phone till Microsoft have lowest Price great phone till.

Excellent review. Thanks so much for everything you have said. Yes this is a great phone packs a punch!!
?ire :)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Updated my phone to windows 10 Mobile. It will take me some time to get used to new things. Some apps don't work that smoothly
And I also need to know some things that I don't know about like how to get the windows 10 version of apps such as the Windows Central app since I'm still using the windows 8.1 version of it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Updated my phone to windows 10 Mobile. It will take me some time to get used to new things. Some apps don't work that smoothly

And I also need to know some things that I don't know about like how to get the windows 10 version of apps such as the Windows Central app since I'm still using the windows 8.1 version of it.

It took me a while to get used to it at first but once you do its like where has it been all your life lol. ☺

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The new Windows Central app is a separate app. Try searching "Mobile Nations" in the store to find it. It will suggest the new Windows Central app as you are typing.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the ATT Nokia 830 until it got bricked with the recent OTA push to WM10. Will the 640XL accept the latest ATT version of WM10? Or insider previews?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the ATT Nokia 830 until it got bricked with the recent OTA push to WM10. Will the 640XL accept the latest ATT version of WM10? Or insider previews?

Hi. I have an unlocked 640 XL I purchased a couple of weeks ago and am now running the anniversary update via windows insider slow ring.

So far so good. Though I noticed there seems to be some text scaling issues on some sites I have been on. Don't know what to do for that, but it seems to be fine for the most part and working well.

Battery life has been great on my 640 XL and scrolling and texting have been smooth and fluid. The 640 Xl for me so far has been an excellent value and I love the 5.7" screen on this little beast.
The polycarbonate back feels well made, no creaking so far. Solid in the hand.
A great buy for the money with a great camera, glance and DDTW.

Highly recommend this phone !

Duke111

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Had my 640XL for just over a year now. Updated last week to Win 10 and Anniversary update.

Really enjoying the phone.

Big pluses for me that I've noticed...
SD card read times are faster... 128 Gb card, 80 gb music, 3 Gb photos, really quick now.
Love the transparent tiles for the App icons, superb.
Glance screen and double tap to wake and sleep still there, I love those features.
Battery Life as good as ever, Stand by slightly better, 3% over 8 hours.
Still have just under 3GB spare of Internal memory.

By far the best value for money phone I have ever had.

My original review, September 2015, below...

Hi, new to the forum. Have been looking here (and elsewhere) for my next phone (coming from an HTC Mini). Finally got the Lumia 640 XL and a 128 Gb Lexar Micro SD Card.
All I can say is... Brilliant. For what I need it worked out BY FAR the most value for money (more so than I could have hoped for).
I have spoken to a guy at work who was anti Windows from a few years ago. Showed him mine and he bought one the next day and loves it.

For me I needed...
Big Screen.
Big Storage (Music, Photos, Videos).
Good Cameras.
Removable Battery (ability to have a swappable spare if needed).
Over a Day's Battery Life.
Good Telephone conversation quality.
4G LTE
Decent Music Quality Playback.
Sturdy Construction.
Good Visibility in daylight.
Email.
Text.
Browsing.
FM Radio
Off Line Maps

I am more than impressed. Brilliant Device.

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Had my 640XL for just over a year now. Updated last week to Win 10 and Anniversary update.

Really enjoying the phone.

Big pluses for me that I've noticed...
SD card read times are faster... 128 Gb card, 80 gb music, 3 Gb photos, really quick now.
Love the transparent tiles for the App icons, superb.
Glance screen and double tap to wake and sleep still there, I love those features.
Battery Life as good as ever, Stand by slightly better, 3% over 8 hours.
Still have just under 3GB spare of Internal memory.

By far the best value for money phone I have ever had.

My original review, September 2015, below...

Hi, new to the forum. Have been looking here (and elsewhere) for my next phone (coming from an HTC Mini). Finally got the Lumia 640 XL and a 128 Gb Lexar Micro SD Card.
All I can say is... Brilliant. For what I need it worked out BY FAR the most value for money (more so than I could have hoped for).
I have spoken to a guy at work who was anti Windows from a few years ago. Showed him mine and he bought one the next day and loves it.

For me I needed...
Big Screen.
Big Storage (Music, Photos, Videos).
Good Cameras.
Removable Battery (ability to have a swappable spare if needed).
Over a Day's Battery Life.
Good Telephone conversation quality.
4G LTE
Decent Music Quality Playback.
Sturdy Construction.
Good Visibility in daylight.
Email.
Text.
Browsing.
FM Radio
Off Line Maps

I am more than impressed. Brilliant Device.

Absolutely brilliant review. Yes WP10 AU is amazing on it!

Happy your enjoying it 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes