+ This case allows sound to escape back speaker even when laying face up

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Food for thought for those selecting a case for your Lumia 640/640 XL (or other phone with a rear speaker):

A common complaint is that you cannot hear sounds (or sounds are muffled) from Lumia 640/640 XL phone when it is laid face up because the speaker is on the back. So I decided to look for a case that had a design that would allow the sound to escape the back speaker even when the phone was laid face up on a desk/table/etc.

I also wanted a case with a builtin kickstand and a belt clip. Below is the case I wound up buying. For my needs, this is the perfect case. I love it. The fit, cutouts and button covers are perfect. The belt clip piece is easy to put on and remove, and it is secure when it is on. I sometime clip it on the strap of my purse where I am more likely to hear it than if it is inside my purse. And while this case adds just a little bit of thickness and weight, I'm OK with this as it provides more protection against accidental drops than a skinny case. I find myself using the kickstand a lot, as I like to wrap my finger around the kickstand part when I am holding the phone in my hand.

The ridges on the back hold the speaker up off of the desk/table/surface allowing the sound from the rear speaker to easily escape and the sound is as good as when the phone is held in your hand.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Case, CASEFORMERS Duo Armor RED for Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Combo Case with Stand and Holster: Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachments

• 2015-06-26 2case image.png
    2015-06-26 2case image.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon