Lumia 640 T-Mobile USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
no go at Walmart this morning in southern Colorado. stopped in after taking the kids to school took the card off the rack and carried it up to the counter they did some searching did some scanning and all they could tell me is they still had it on order with no date on when I could buy it. good luck in your areas hopefully somebody can find a Walmart that sells it today.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
@rgv21: I agree 100%. Of course, TM's most flagship model was the 925, unless I've forgotten something. Speaking as a third generation published photographer( Verizzo Photo Estate Home ) camera phones are a wonderful thing to have on the belt, and the processing of images can be amazing, but it's not a camera, sorry. A fixed focal length of 28mm equivalency in 35mm format? Can't see the screen in many sunlight conditions. Depending on the phone, a number of controls, yes, but only available as soft buttons.....on the screen you can't see. Gimme a "real" camera any day except for the convenience factor.

Rant ends.

There are a LOT of consumers, especially the kind who hang out here or over on Howard forums that can't think for themselves. Marketing folks love them. "Must have latest.....biggest....newest.....trendiest......see my ego swell......" And they act like they actually had something to do with the creation or making of the latest marvel instead just having room on the Visa card.

Anyway, I've got $100 plus tax worth of room on mine for that 640 coming to Wart-Mart. What a deal.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Anyway, I've got $100 plus tax worth of room on mine for that 640 coming to Wart-Mart. What a deal.
Have to agree with this. Compared to other comparable phones, this seems like an incredible deal. No luck here yet. Will check another Walmart at lunch.

Edit: called and asked again. The person I spoke to said they had been on order for over a week now, and it usually takes 3-5 days to get devices once ordered. So they had no idea when they would get any.

Last edited:

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
What I am finding odd, is that when the Lumia 521 was announced as being at Walmart I don't remember them putting out a bunch of place holder cards at the start. I just asked if they had them, and apart from it being listed with a different name, they brought a couple out, of which I purchased one.

Why do they put out a stack of place holder cards if you can't actually purchase one? I can understand a place holder for shelf space, but having several with the message that you just need to take it to the register to purchase, gives the wrong impression which just leads to disappointed customers. Also I was told that once they have them they'll just put the actual boxes on the hanger anyway.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I went to three Cricket Stores in Baton Rouge and none of them had any idea what I was talking about when I told them I wanted to buy a 640, even though the phone was listed on their web sites for a price of 129$. A few weeks ago I got tired of waiting and went and bought a Moto G lte to supplement my 820. I was still willing to part with the 129$ to get a WP. Looks like they are really screwing up the roll out of this phone. Funny how the 435 just appeared out of no where and can be bought already yet the 640 is no where to be found. I know better than to even try to get a WP from WalMart. Hell you can't get them from Microsofts own store.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I went to three Cricket Stores in Baton Rouge and none of them had any idea what I was talking about when I told them I wanted to buy a 640, even though the phone was listed on their web sites for a price of 129$. A few weeks ago I got tired of waiting and went and bought a Moto G lte to supplement my 820. I was still willing to part with the 129$ to get a WP. Looks like they are really screwing up the roll out of this phone. Funny how the 435 just appeared out of no where and can be bought already yet the 640 is no where to be found. I know better than to even try to get a WP from WalMart. Hell you can't get them from Microsofts own store.
You would think that if ever there is a phone they could get back lost momentum after the Lumia 521, this would be the phone but somebody appears to have left the brakes on!

JeLLozTime

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I am a Tmobile customer prepaid and broke my phone today. Called a Cricket store and they said call the flagship store in San Diego and they had em. So I got a cyan Microsoft Lumia 640 on May 29th.

I've been a loyal Lumia fan for years and have browsed this forum a lot. Wonder if I can buy a few and send to some of you faithful Windows Phone owners lol.

WP_20150529_14_41_20_Pro.jpg

JeLLozTime

May 29, 2015
Visit site
same here. Just found one on Cricket in San Diego. For 45 dollars the only thing I am giving up is a slower network, no free music streaming, and wifi calling which sucks anyway.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I stopped in my local Walmart and T-MOBILE store and neither had any out. TMO stated they don't expect it until mid June. It was supposed to be released earlier but was pushed back due to a launch of another LG head set the first week of June.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in my local Walmart and T-MOBILE store and neither had any out. TMO stated they don't expect it until mid June. It was supposed to be released earlier but was pushed back due to a launch of another LG head set the first week of June.

Ridiculous. So much for "spring" as a release time. I asked about this phone on T-Mobile's Facebook the other day and received the same canned "Spring release" response. It's just so frustrating. -_-

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My Dad has a super old WP7 on Tmo that just broke. We tried to find him a 635 or 640, they said 635 is discontinued and no ETA on 640.

Just want to get him a phone that is free or rather cheap on 2 year contract. Looking on their site, they don't show subsidized pricing, ie $0 or $199 with two year contact. I have a cell phone through work so I dont know how it works anymore. We'll probably just get him a cheap iphone, it's a bummer.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
My Dad has a super old WP7 on Tmo that just broke. We tried to find him a 635 or 640, they said 635 is discontinued and no ETA on 640.

Just want to get him a phone that is free or rather cheap on 2 year contract. Looking on their site, they don't show subsidized pricing, ie $0 or $199 with two year contact. I have a cell phone through work so I dont know how it works anymore. We'll probably just get him a cheap iphone, it's a bummer.
I've seen TMO 635s at Walmart with the prepaid phones. You could probably get one there. I think they're $79.99 or $99.99. Heading there now. I'll update when I find out for sure.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Tried again at local Walmart. This time they were able to tell me they had 3 on order and she estimated they'd be in on Tuesday. Who knows how reliable that info is, since it was a guess. I'll keep trying, though.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Will this work in a post paid account?

They are $79. Check your zip to see if they have it in stock.

[URL="https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/612734/9383?sharedid=159229&subId1=UUwpUvbUpU3108841&subId2=vbwp&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FT-Mobile-Nokia-Lumia-635-Prepaid-Smartphone%2F37621322%22]T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 635 Prepaid Smartphone - Walmart.com[/URL]

essinger

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Got a 635 at Target a couple weeks ago for $49. It was advertised as working on Target's prepaid network (which is on tmo) and worked fine with a tmo sim.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon