Okay, What's actually wrong with this phone

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I refuse to accept the idea that the Lumia 640 can have a great camera with useful features like Rich Capture, NFC, a removable battery/sd card, a full year of Office 365, AND only be $80 on GoPhone and $39.99 after mail in rebate at Metro PCS. I don't believe that this phone can be what it's claiming to be right now.

What aren't you telling me?! Is it slowly melting its own internals, forcing me to buy a new one exactly 1 day after the warranty expires? Is it secretly sending dirty pictures to my coworkers to get me fired?

TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Haha, it's pretty good. The only issue I have had (just twice and I have had the phone for a month now) has been an occasional negative image. Letting the screen fade out made it go away every time though. I'm really enjoying my 640 a lot.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I don't like is the sound if you put it flat on a table. Place face down or prop up on something. I think they need to add some dimples to the back plastic to lift it up... and even with that small item, the L640 is AMAZING value.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I found a couple of not so good features...
This device links directly to the FBI, CIA and NSA even with the battery removed.

Aw well it's still a nice toy for those of us who like to collect phones.

Last edited:

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
At last we finally know the reason Windows Phone hasn't caught on like it should! It's not the lack of apps, it's simply that people refuse to believe that Microsoft is capable of making something so good for so little :grin:

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
At last we finally know the reason Windows Phone hasn't caught on like it should! It's not the lack of apps, it's simply that people refuse to believe that Microsoft is capable of making something so good for so little :grin:

For real. I'm still giving this phone the side eye likes its already done something wrong. I just don't know what yet.

For the Microsoft branding on the front, I expected at least one BSOD before I got home.

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the worst thing is that it took too long to get to more markets. At announcement, this seemed like an amazing phone on paper and price, but when it launched in the US the Snapdragon 410 was already coming out...and even though benchmarks don't show much difference, that's still a marketing thing that can be used against the 640.

I love mine so far, even though I stupidly had it download over 10 years of emails today and it had a hard time getting/sending anything during these past few hours. To the point where I'm about to get my 1520 back from the shop and kinda realized I prefer the size/handling of the 640.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to accept the idea that the Lumia 640 can have a great camera with useful features like Rich Capture, NFC, a removable battery/sd card, a full year of Office 365, AND only be $80 on GoPhone and $39.99 after mail in rebate at Metro PCS. I don't believe that this phone can be what it's claiming to be right now.

What aren't you telling me?! Is it slowly melting its own internals, forcing me to buy a new one exactly 1 day after the warranty expires? Is it secretly sending dirty pictures to my coworkers to get me fired?

TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!!

640 is one of those phones that are designed so well that the compromises made have little impact on most people.

Hard to even argue against it, you won't win I promise ;)

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
It looks pretty thin. I prefer a little more 'chunk'. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I think this has the potential to one-up the 520's success. Which is okay, but still I'd like a bit more chunk with any decently performing phone.

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up at Walmart for $99 on a whim to use on my second line and I am highly impressed. It feels like it runs about as well as the 1520 I had, which is just stupid. Screen is surprisingly good, performance is butter smooth, cell reception is great, battery lasts for 2 days, and the camera doesn't even suck.

I could honestly use it as my "daily driver" on my main line and not miss a whole lot. (currently have a Galaxy S6 on that line).

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It looks pretty thin. I prefer a little more 'chunk'. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I think this has the potential to one-up the 520's success. Which is okay, but still I'd like a bit more chunk with any decently performing phone.
I'm not too keen on devices being too thin either, but once you put a decent case on it, I find it's the perfect amount of "chunkiness" :)

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I compared the specs and it has already shadowed the 520...
As I've said before on these forums, it fixed all the issues I had with my Lumia 521.

If Microsoft are as committed and serious about Windows Phone as they keep saying they are, they need to start getting on the ball with regards to phone releases. If they do end up announcing the new flagship phones around October/November as rumored, they'd better be available for purchase within a couple of weeks and not the following year!

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am highly disappointed with this phone. I purchased it nearly a month ago, and to date several glaring faults have appeared:

• I still do not have the strength of Thor.
  • Ladies do not swoon at my approach (but I have noticed more racoons following me).
  • There has been no appreciable change in my Bitcoin portfolio.
  • My Call of Duty K/D ratio has actually gotten *worse* since getting this phone.
  • As far as I can tell, I have gained no new superpowers.

All in all, I sometimes wonder why I even bought this phone. This is the 21st century, Microsoft. Having a top-notch OS running on great hardware for a steal of a price simply isn't good enough any more.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I am highly disappointed with this phone. I purchased it nearly a month ago, and to date several glaring faults have appeared:

• I still do not have the strength of Thor.
  • Ladies do not swoon at my approach (but I have noticed more racoons following me).
  • There has been no appreciable change in my Bitcoin portfolio.
  • My Call of Duty K/D ratio has actually gotten *worse* since getting this phone.
  • As far as I can tell, I have gained no new superpowers.

All in all, I sometimes wonder why I even bought this phone. This is the 21st century, Microsoft. Having a top-notch OS running on great hardware for a steal of a price simply isn't good enough any more.

I would really like to know how good your superpower portfolio is after 3 months of daily usage with this phone.

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the only thing I'm disappointed about the is the lack of selling shell covers for the phone... I love how they did with past phones especially my old 635... Once they start selling back covers this phone will have it all for the low price of 80 bucks like I paid for at WalMart

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
KWmobile came out with a deal for the 635 that included five different covers that slid over the factory back cover and sold for around 10$ for the set. I got a set for me and my wifes backup 635. They add very little to the thickness of the phone and give pretty good protection and you could change the look of your phone in about 5 seconds. Lets hope they do the same for the 640. I will be in line first to get them. There are different color back covers for the 640; but the cost is close to a 1/4 of the cost of the phone and they are a little difficult to remove and replace (adding to the wear and tear on the phone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon