Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
    present ringtime about 10 secs
    03-07-2016 02:02 PM
    It's actually set by the carrier... And you can change it.

Open the Phone App and dial *#61# then press "Call"

This gives you a screen like so:

wp_ss_20160307_0002.png

You can verify how long the phone rings, mine was 20 seconds by default on Straight Talk and Cricket. 20 seconds seems to be the norm now.

Make note of the +xxxxxxxxxxx number. I mean literally, write it down. > tap Close.

Dial **61*+xxxxxxxxxxx*11*yy then press "Call"

This will instruct your network. +xxxxxxxxxxx needs to be the number showing from your lookup and yy is the number of seconds you want the phone to ring. It must be in 05 second increments and you can only go to a max of 30.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    It's actually set by the carrier... And you can change it.

Open the Phone App and dial *#61# then press "Call"

This gives you a screen like so:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160307_0002.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	123365

You can verify how long the phone rings, mine was 20 seconds by default on Straight Talk and Cricket. 20 seconds seems to be the norm now.

Make note of the +xxxxxxxxxxx number. I mean literally, write it down. > tap Close.

Dial **61*+xxxxxxxxxxx*11*yy then press "Call"

This will instruct your network. +xxxxxxxxxxx needs to be the number showing from your lookup and yy is the number of seconds you want the phone to ring. It must be in 05 second increments and you can only go to a max of 30.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Guytronic, theotrucker and Rubidad like this.
    03-07-2016 08:00 PM
    Fist number doesn't work for ATT. Anyone know how with ATT?
    03-08-2016 12:43 AM
    Fist number doesn't work for ATT. Anyone know how with ATT?
    *#61# "call" does not work? It should.

Can you verify you dialed it right: * # 6 1 # (no spaces) and then you tapped the "Call" button?

What happens when you do that? It should work on any GSM network.
    03-08-2016 01:00 AM
    *#61# "call" does not work? It should.

Can you verify you dialed it right: * # 6 1 # (no spaces) and then you tapped the "Call" button?

What happens when you do that? It should work on any GSM network.
    RumoredNow, it "works" for me on AT&T, but does not give the expected results. Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting.
    wp_ss_20160311_0001.png

I'm all like, "What is that supposed to mean, exactly?"
    03-11-2016 10:15 AM
    Thanks! Worked perfectly for me using PureTalk running on the AT&T network. Mine was set to 20 seconds and I just reset that to 30 seconds.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-11-2016 10:32 AM
    RumoredNow, it "works" for me on AT&T, but does not give the expected results. Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160311_0001.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	123523

I'm all like, "What is that supposed to mean, exactly?"

Looks like they are outlining the dimensions of the ball-park. Same ball-park though. "Forward if" statement.

@rhapdog - if you have time could you test?

Use the program portion of the hash code and program 5 seconds ring time. Take a call. Reprogram for 30 seconds, take a call.

I'll be your best friend...
    Rubidad likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:44 AM
    Use the program portion of the hash code and program 5 seconds ring time.
    Ahem! Got to have the number to program first. It doesn't provide said number. :P

Now, if I go into phone settings, is that the "default voicemail number" listed? It gives me a number there. If that's the same, then I'll give it a shot.
    03-11-2016 11:48 AM
    Oh wait... It s telling you your "Forward if" is disabled... Gotta enable it?

Now, if I go into phone settings, is that the "default voicemail number" listed? It gives me a number there. If that's the same, then I'll give it a shot.
    Yep, same number.
    03-11-2016 11:49 AM
    The number revealed by the hash code = the forward to for my YouMail.

So if you have the ability to lookup the number forwarded to for your VVM service, that would be the +xxxxxxxxxxx
    03-11-2016 11:58 AM
    Well, I think I'm just not going to mess with it at this time. Seems AT&T has disabled forwarding on their end for some reason, so until I get that straightened out through them, I'll hold off. I need that forwarding ability, and am supposed to have it. It was present on my last 640.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-12-2016 05:58 AM
    I'm on AT&T GoPhone service and after an extensive Google search could not find any instructions that I was willing to trust to try to adjust the ringtime.

I called GoPhone Customer Service and was told the ringtime for the AT&T 640 can be extended to a maximum of 30 seconds but only by a CSR, not by the User.

Went ahead and had them make the change, shut my phone off for a few minutes and now have 30 seconds of ringtime before voicemail kicks in.
    Last edited by LumiaGuy; 03-12-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-12-2016 03:39 PM
    How do you dial +? The 0 and + are on the same key, but I only seem to be able to type 0.
    03-21-2016 09:14 AM
    I'm on AT&T GoPhone service and after an extensive Google search could not find any instructions that I was willing to trust to try to adjust the ringtime.

I called GoPhone Customer Service and was told the ringtime for the AT&T 640 can be extended to a maximum of 30 seconds but only by a CSR, not by the User.

Went ahead and had them make the change, shut my phone off for a few minutes and now have 30 seconds of ringtime before voicemail kicks in.
    The reason it can only be done by a CSR and not by the User s because they have put in a special Firmware on the phone to lock you out of it, and they do not want to share their codes with you to change it. That's because they want to punish people who buy their phone just to use it on another network.

Makes me want to flash it to unbrand it. Then it would work.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2016 09:36 AM
    The reason it can only be done by a CSR and not by the User s because they have put in a special Firmware on the phone to lock you out of it, and they do not want to share their codes with you to change it. That's because they want to punish people who buy their phone just to use it on another network.

Makes me want to flash it to unbrand it. Then it would work.
    Kind of itching to unbrand my unlocked 640 Go Phone as well. Didn't you unbrand a previous phone successfully a while back?
    03-21-2016 09:52 AM
    Kind of itching to unbrand my unlocked 640 Go Phone as well. Didn't you unbrand a previous phone successfully a while back?
    Yes, I did. Unbranded a 635. I had a backup for it before I tried it, though, and I lost my 640 backup yesterday when my wife decided to take ownership of it, as she wanted to upgrade from the 635.
    mary beth hale and RumoredNow like this.
    03-21-2016 02:00 PM
    Yes, I did. Unbranded a 635. I had a backup for it before I tried it, though, and I lost my 640 backup yesterday when my wife decided to take ownership of it, as she wanted to upgrade from the 635.
    Hope she enjoys it. Still dumbfounded at what a value I got with this $30 640!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2016 02:12 PM
    How do you dial +? The 0 and + are on the same key, but I only seem to be able to type 0.
    Hold 0 and it turns into +...
    libra89 and rhapdog like this.
    03-21-2016 03:18 PM
    Hold 0 and it turns into +...
    Thanks!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2016 11:01 PM
    Thank you MUCHLY!!!
    Worked perfectly. I'll do my wife's this evening. Too bad the max couldn't be 40!
    Where do you find these dialing codes, if you don't mind my asking?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-23-2016 02:26 PM
    Where do you find these dialing codes, if you don't mind my asking?
    Bing-Fu has many benefits.

The path to enlightenment starts with one small step: gsm hash codes - Bing

Hash Codes have been around since Da Mo discovered cellular. The more you need, the more it gives.
    Rubidad likes this.
    03-23-2016 03:49 PM