Firstly, I don't think the "Sync my settings" thing works at all. I have done resets multiple times now (changing rings and what not). My settings are NEVER restored when I sign in to my Live account. I have to re-do them every single time. I am an Android user, and even in Android Settings sync is finicky at best. So can't really complain about that.

However, I don't see a way to 'reset' my Start menu layout to a 'default'. I played with "Show more tiles" option, turned it off. So I got two columns. Now I turned it back on, and I now see a completely empty third column, the tiles are all packed up in two columns

Any tips?
    04-12-2016 07:45 PM
    I don't think there really is a way to "restore" the Start screen to a default "layout", other than doing a full hard reset of your phone. I mean once you start customizing... It's all yours. Custom!

Of course the tiles are easy enough to resize, move around, or delete, so it'd probably only take you a couple minutes to rearrange the tiles to a default layout scheme.

That's the beauty of the Windows Phone (or Windows 10 Mobile) Start screen - it's all yours to do with as you please. Why would you even want the bland default layout anyway?
    I don't think there really is a way to "restore" the Start screen to a default "layout", other than doing a full hard reset of your phone. I mean once you start customizing... It's all yours. Custom!

Of course the tiles are easy enough to resize, move around, or delete, so it'd probably only take you a couple minutes to rearrange the tiles to a default layout scheme.

That's the beauty of the Windows Phone (or Windows 10 Mobile) Start screen - it's all yours to do with as you please. Why would you even want the bland default layout anyway?
    04-12-2016 08:00 PM
    "Why would you even want the bland default layout anyway?"

Well, because of the exact problem I described in the original post. If Windows Phone is not smart enough to auto-arrange things when I turn "Show more tiles" option on or off and totally messes up things, I'd rather start from a default layout rather than spend many minutes re-arranging things.

In any case, thanks for your response!
    04-12-2016 10:14 PM