Lumia 650 battery discharges quickly after overheating.

dkscram

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Had this device for a month now & the battery is doing okay compares to my L720 with the added screen quality, etc. But after one case where i left it to charge with airplane mode on (for quicker charge), came back & it was overheating, since then the battery performance drop drastically & discharges quickly, after 5hours with minimum usage, it's already down to 21%. It's not normal right?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Had this device for a month now & the battery is doing okay compares to my L720 with the added screen quality, etc. But after one case where i left it to charge with airplane mode on (for quicker charge), came back & it was overheating, since then the battery performance drop drastically & discharges quickly, after 5hours with minimum usage, it's already down to 21%. It's not normal right?

that isn't for sure; was wifi on by any chance?

dkscram

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Been using the original one, quite long after the overheating issue. Maybe around 4hrs, that's with airplane mode, if w/o, i think it would take forever. Seriously, i think something is effecting the battery after the overheating issue.

dkscram

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Device sent to service centre this morning, staff said there's already cases with the same issues & said probably due to the motherboard, scary eh?

dkscram

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, got it back from service center & its the same phone. Meaning there's no issue with the engine board/motherboard because the cost for changing that is about the same as per a new phone, as told by the staff there. I guessed they're just hard reset the phone, because it went back to .107. If you face any issue with your phone, i recommend you to just hard reset it first before wasting you time & resources to go to a service center, unless the issue still persists after a hard reset. Thanks guys.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Wow, all that just to have your phone sent back after a hard reset? Something you can and have done on your own?

I'm crossing my fingers that my phone doesn't have the same overheating problems. So far it is not an issue.

dkscram

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Wow, all that just to have your phone sent back after a hard reset? Something you can and have done on your own?

I'm crossing my fingers that my phone doesn't have the same overheating problems. So far it is not an issue.

Well yeah, coz you know they won't tell you exactly what's the problem & what they've done to fix it. Anyhow, I'm hoping too that it will behave from now on coz it's a nice phone tho. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2