Lumia 650 not seeing headphones plugged in until restart

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey, guys!

A friend of mine got a Lumia 650, and she has this problem with the phone that her phones doesn't notice her headphones when she plugs them in. When she restarts the phone, then it works. I have noticed that many people have had this issue. I hope there is a solution to it? I don't know if another headphones would do the job, and even if she tried it with another headphones, there is completely no guaranty that those headphones will work, and not make any similar problems.

She could try to do what she can with WDRT, but that would be too annoying - she has just bought her phone, plus I really doubt that would solve anything. Though this seams like a software issue since a restart solves it temporarily.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. There is no solution to it. A restart is required for the phone to work as expected. As usual Microsoft hasn't acknowledged the issue and I don't think there's gonna be any patch for the issue.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply!

Have you tried to solve this issue with WDRT?

Or have you tried it with different headphones? My girlfriend also has a Lumia 650, I have her some Philips headphones of mine, it it works great for her. While one my colleague also has a Lumia 650, and she has this issue which I have described.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Nothing works mate. No matter how much you try. I've hard reset the device many times. In fact, if it helps, this one is my second 650, kind of. My first one's Light and Vibrate sensors went bad, so MS replaced the Motherboard. Still the same headphone issue. And the point is, it is just random, sometimes the issue doesn't appear for days at stretch and sometimes I have to restart the phone every morning and every evening. Have tried all sorts of headphones (iPhone, Samsung, JBL, Sony and a few more)

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Too bad.... Thanks for sharing that information.

By the way, with my girlfriends Lumia 650 it works great worth some Philips' headphones I gave her. I only don't know whether my girlfriend is simply lucky fit not having this issue, or it is about the earphones she uses. I guess she's just lucky...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have similiar problem, even sent a file report with this bug to Audio guy in MS, he replied to me that its fixed but it isnt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon