Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Just received the Cimo case and it fits great and looks like a good deal of protection, my phone is supposed to be here today. It also works with my Note 3 and LG V10 Seidio Holster, this seems to me like a good option since none of the major case makers have jumped aboard the 950 XL train.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3546616

I use this one. Was called MoKo when I purchased it. I don't like it, does not seem to fit well. Rubber/silicon seem to be to soft and to flexible. Top and bottom parts of the case are easily moving uncovering the phone case... I have already ordered MoZo wallet case...

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I got the Black "Golf" NFC flip case... like it so much ordered the Brown Leather version as well.

Ordered MoZo and I am actually dissapointed, case is thin and flimsy, already can se the screen cover bending from the normal use after a month. I don't think case is providing enough protection to the phone. Will be replacing this with something else soon...

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Got an XBOX ONE S controller today. It has Bluetooth built in. Was able to pair it with my 950XL. It also works with a micro USB cable into the Dock. Used it to play emulator games on "Universal Emulator" app. The controller works very well. The emulator is pretty solid as well. Some games are not fully compatible, so your mileage may vary.

FYI, connect it to your PC and update the firmware via "XBOX Accessories" app.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I ordered this "Silicon Hard PC Hybrid Rugged Armor Dual Case"
for my lumia 950xl and it's amazing. Fits perfectly ,good quality and it's only $3.24 (free shipping worldwide).
It took two weeks for case to arrive from China to Serbia.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Got an XBOX ONE S controller today. It has Bluetooth built in. Was able to pair it with my 950XL. It also works with a micro USB cable into the Dock. Used it to play emulator games on "Universal Emulator" app. The controller works very well. The emulator is pretty solid as well. Some games are not fully compatible, so your mileage may vary.

FYI, connect it to your PC and update the firmware via "XBOX Accessories" app.

That's awesome. I have 2 Elite controllers, so when I bought the S, I just stuck the white one in the entertainment center. Now it looks like it will see some use!

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
no love from tech21 for XL Lumia 950 but they have love for its little brother,

it is too hard to find good quality case for Lumia 950 XL. Microsoft should make one to sell us or give us for free

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Screen already have awesome protection ,enjoy in phone.... i use it without any screen protection for 8 months.
Its still like when i bought it.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Any of you guys/gals using a tempered glass screen protector?

I used the Mr. Shield one on my regular 950 (and nearly every phone I have owned over the last couple years). Glass feels just like the screen, not sticky like some film protectors, it's easy to install, great warranty, cheap, and offers an extra layer of protection. For a couple bucks why wouldn't you give your expensive piece of technology a little bit more protection? Get it, you won't be disappointed.

$7 for a 2 pack
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DIVVRNQ/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3593372

or $8 for a 3 pack
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JOHZK1S/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3593372

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the BOGO - the 950XL to replace my battery dying Lumia 1520 & the 950 to replace my wife's Lumia 920 (which she's still hanging on to).

I'm surprised at the size difference between the 950XL & the 1520, really liked my big phone. Only reason I switched, the non-removable battery is dying (only holds 50% charge). I know there are tutorials online re: Battery replacement, but, figured I'd probably break something taking it apart. I may still attempt it, IF I can get an OEM battery for the Lumia 1520.
After a couple of days, aside from the size, I like the phone, a suitable replacement (better, if it were a 6" screen). Pictures are fantastic, I caught my wife after her shower & the camera captured more than I could see. I'm running the same OS version as I was on the 1520, so, really NO difference.

I waited for:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pUvbUpU3602272
to add some grip to this thin phone. Rarely go naked w a phone, it does the job.
They're making phones too thin these days, nothing to hold onto, possibility of bending.

In addition, I loved wireless charging (when I had the Lumia 920), so I got:
for half price, to wirelessly charge the phone. The color hi-lite changes from Blue (charging) to Green (charged).
The charger from the phone package will go with me to work (or wherever) to facilitate a quick top up. Battery life is less than the Lumia 1520 battery (when New) at least early on. I hope this levels off as the phone settles in.

I also got:
which holds the phone (in the TPU case), fits like a glove for those days when I can't / won't pocket it.
The plus is the phone is much more pocketable then the 1520. The holster case is good looking & functional w a strong, plastic, swivel belt clip & magnetic (& snap) closure.

Still feeling the phone out, only been a couple of days, on AT&T (w Visual Voice Mail, very simple to invoke, simply leave yourself a message).

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Asking for someone else that owns a 950 XL - does anyone know of any clear cases that will fit over the Mozo leather back cover?

The Mozo leather back is a bit thicker than the stock back cover so some cases don't fit over it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes