[Showing Off] My 950 XL Start + Lock Screens

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Very nice! But tell me, does this in any way impact battery life or how smooth (or otherwise) the phone operates?

I don't see any impact from the Glance Screen to the battery. When I am not looking at the phone, it is face down to keep the screen off, or it is closed up in a case.
Having the additional info on the Glance and Lock screens is one of the reasons I choose Windows Phone, though Android is starting to close that gap.

Battery life is 95% user related.
I unplug my phone around 10am, plug it back in around 1am.
I have other devices to supplement my non mobile, online time.
The 950XL sadly does not get the love my Tablet does, and nobody is really trying to get in touch with me. As a result, I often do not have my phone when someone does call.
But I have a small battery pack and multiple mobile power options available, should they be needed.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Here's the latest and greatest. :)

wp_ss_20160922_0002_zpslzy6kvve.png

wp_ss_20160922_0001_zpsoipvfxx3.png

StarLord0890

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Lol I tried copying hyperexpert's trick and destroyed my starts screen haha. But it's good I hadn't changed it in months I better be more creative this time ill post here when I am done

Sent from mTalk

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This is an interesting design. For the separator tiles, is that part of the background image, or is it a different image used with blank tiles?

It's a different image as I wanna make the separator feel more significant. Just got my 950XL two days ago so still making minor changes here and there, and so far in my eyes I really like it. Since yesterday just slightly increased the background contrast and brightness so the wooden background is more obvious.

pykv6xY.jpg

Edit: Uploaded same image again -_-

Last edited:

StarLord0890

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
idp4mCN.jpg

My design is simple yet genius 😁 I have experimented a lot with my start screen including empty tiles and beautifully arranging tiles inspite of having to place them where its not most convenient to me but I always revert back to this design after at most a day lol. Notice how Facebook, messenger and onenote are easily within the reach of my right thumb so that I don't have to use both hands when I am half alert and focusing on something else while also browsing through Facebook or taking quick audio notes on onenote. I was so proud of myself when I set my start screen like this the first time. Also this was the day that I realized that windows phone is the best phone ever in the whole wide world windows phone forever

Sent from mTalk

Dwayne Campbell1

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
It's a different image as I wanna make the separator feel more significant. Just got my 950XL two days ago so still making minor changes here and there, and so far in my eyes I really like it. Since yesterday just slightly increased the background contrast and brightness so the wooden background is more obvious.

http://i.imgur.com/pykv6xY.jpg
Edit: Uploaded same image again -_-

How did you get the tiles to have that background and then the background image different?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon