How is your 950Xl battery doing?

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Just turned off Skype Integration into Messaging, will see how that works. Sounds good on the surface until you use Skype on you PC and have 100 messages on your phone too. That can't be good for the battery.

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Went to bed with 91% woke up to 16%... :eck: Phone wasn't warm though, so I have no idea what's causing it. My gut tells me it's Outlook as it's the only program that uses more battery in background than in use. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Came over from the Nexus 5 which only drained 2% over night and lasted 24 hours with a much smaller battery.

You know there is an app pre-installed on your phone that you can check battery usage with, right?
Go to battery saver, choose "Battery use"

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
The screen i have found has the highest use.

For example this was my use this morning.

- 30 minutes of music playing from Groove
- 5 minutes of call time
- 8 emails checked
- 12 text messages
- LTE data conection, bluetooth on connected to microsoft band 1 the whole time, no wifi or location
- Hey cortana, skype login and windows hello off
- Email notifications push every 1 hour

Battery currently at 89% being off the charger for just under 6 hours.

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
The screen i have found has the highest use.

For example this was my use this morning.

- 30 minutes of music playing from Groove
- 5 minutes of call time
- 8 emails checked
- 12 text messages
- LTE data conection, bluetooth on connected to microsoft band 1 the whole time, no wifi or location
- Hey cortana, skype login and windows hello off
- Email notifications push every 1 hour

Battery currently at 89% being off the charger for just under 6 hours.

i dont know how you can use groove. it toally bugs out and skips EVERY song i play with bluetooth. im stuck with pandora for now

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I said I was going to give it time, but I am an impatient person. ;). I have removed my SIM card and turned off background task for a bunch of apps. I have not had a chance to test to see how fast the battery drains, but I am able to use the wireless charger now. Before it would drain to fast for it charge.

I have a 200GB card with 100 GB of music and movies. I moved all apps back to the device. I think it may be the card, in my case. There are so many things that can cause issues, I do not think there is going to be one thing for everyone.

FastDave

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Here is my update. Turned off Hello, drained the battery until the phone turned off and charged overnight. I went from a 12% drain per hour to about a 8% drain per hour. Better, but still room for improvement.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just turned off Skype Integration into Messaging, will see how that works. Sounds good on the surface until you use Skype on you PC and have 100 messages on your phone too. That can't be good for the battery.

So I had already done some tweaks and for the last 4 days had been getting 16-18 hours of battery life with ~20% left when it went on the charger.
My Skype messaging had been linked and I was getting double notifications.

I turned mine off last night before I went to bed, reset my phone, and so far today:

HUGE BATTERY LIFE BOOST.

Right now I my phone has been off the charger for 6:45 minutes with pretty decent use and I am still at 81% battery. This time yesterday I was somewhere around 70%.

Plus I get the added bonus of not receiving two notifications every time I get a Skype message.

Karanstyle

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case then what should we do.. I mean I had an old 820 and I suffered with it.. So is there something that we can do about it?

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a feeling that groove music may be causing some Battery life issues. I'm almost always seeing the little data transmission icon near my WiFi icon and the artist and album art pictures are only starting to show up VERY slowly in groove. I've had this phone for a week and I'm only starting to see half of my artist pictures.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a hard one to answer because it is subjective each person uses the phone differently some heavy some light and whats that happens you get some folks that say it last me 20 plus hours , and then you get the ones who say it last 8-10 hrs before needing a charge it depends on the person and what you are running on the phone. Overall its a decent battery based on the Mah and what nots however its going to be how you use it that determines how long it last. By the way I start at 6am need to charge by 7pm but thats based on my usage my brightness and everything else I have going on.

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the 920, it's nuts. 86% at 4:50am, woke up at 11:30am, 85%. Didn't use it too much, and it's now 17:36, with 41% left. Super happy, since my 920 lasted about 5 hours. Edit: I used Readit with cell and wifi on, so that kills it a bit faster.

Ken1ceo

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was very disappointed with battery life on my 950xl. I tried all the suggestions on the forums. What helped more than anything was simply running the phone down completely and recharging it. Now it performs as expected, full day with business constant usage. One thing I noticed is that the screen, even on auto-bright, is adjusted by the slide. Even with the slide all the way down to the bottom the screen brightness adjusts perfectly. Keeping it on auto, but slide low, has really helped.

jbrake30

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree. The battery is atrocious compared to the 920, 930 and 640 (yes, I'm a bit of a WP junky :) ). Since I've had many devices to which I can compare my 950 XL, I can safely say this is worst battery life I've experienced and I also attribute it to the not-so-finished WP10 experience.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that groove music may be causing some Battery life issues. I'm almost always seeing the little data transmission icon near my WiFi icon and the artist and album art pictures are only starting to show up VERY slowly in groove. I've had this phone for a week and I'm only starting to see half of my artist pictures.

I think one of the big issues with battery is groove. Currently I have it disabled for background task and am able to charge my phone using my old Qi wireless charger. I did put a smaller card that had about 90 songs I purchased from Groove music. Previously I had a 200GB card with about 60GB of music. I also have around 100 GB online.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Another thing my battery charge level will also jump around sometimes. I was charging my battery and yesterday it jumped from 81% to 100%, today it just jumped from 91% to 99%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2