Getting rid of my 950xl, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If they'd had delayed the start by 1-2 months, that would have been only a small news wich everyone forgets.

A month wouldn't have made a difference. I'm nearing a month of Lumia 950 ownership and problems persist despite updates. I still get reboots while taking pictures; it's only happened 3 times, but that's 3 times too many and updates haven't helped. People is double-listing certain accounts and those duplicates can't even be viewed, let alone deleted. And most frustratingly, connectivity issues with my Band persist. The best thing I can say is that system app crashes almost never happen anymore.

I don't want to trivialize the effort that goes into fixing these issues. I imagine that Microsoft is prioritizing critical issues, but how bad were those that these persist?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Weird my 1520 buttons were loose and rattled.

My Lumia 950xl may be plastic buttons but they are firm and tight, no rattling.

Hmm, definitely vice-versa on my models. On the 1520 the buttons stand out just slightly while you see the plastic bodies on the 950 XL in all of their pride. Only the misplaced power button of the 950 XL is lower than the volume buttons, which looks strange. But I found it OK as I said.

IANOR

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
A month wouldn't have made a difference. I'm nearing a month of Lumia 950 ownership and problems persist despite updates. I still get reboots while taking pictures; it's only happened 3 times, but that's 3 times too many and updates haven't helped. People is double-listing certain accounts and those duplicates can't even be viewed, let alone deleted. And most frustratingly, connectivity issues with my Band persist. The best thing I can say is that system app crashes almost never happen anymore.

I don't want to trivialize the effort that goes into fixing these issues. I imagine that Microsoft is prioritizing critical issues, but how bad were those that these persist?

Exactly. The phones were out to testers what 1 or 2 months already? Or even more.
How could they not see all these quality flaws, and software issues? And if they did, why didnt M$ fix them for the release? At least the major bugs with the restarts, and bluetooth.
Even if they implement double tap wake (wich isnt a deal breaking feature), or fix the continuum mouse bug, or fix the bluetooth bug, or fix the restarts, or get up better notification delivery system, or get out a better back cover in the second or 3rd production wave, no one will care anymore, because it wasnt in the phone, when they got reviewed. Its over. Bad news are already out.
I really wanted this phone, but if this is the quality level M$ is OK with, i already doubt they next phone will be anything for me...

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Just printed my return label.

All I wanted was a faster 1020. After 20 days, the XL lays on the shelf and I carry the 1020. Seldom lock my phone, do not care about Hello and yes a fingerprint reader could'. work better. Do not use a phone for music, cannot delete Groove. Wanted Hey Cortana, but without LTE, it does not work most of the time. Like my Visual VoiceMail, seems I cannot have that with the XL. I like wake on double tap, does not seem to be coming, who needs sleep on tap. All during the insider testing, many requested repeating notification for missed calls and messages, nope did not get that. Complaints by the hundreds over the Circles instead of Squares on the people app, MS did finally made the circles bigger.

I am sure I will lose my $100 promo code that used, I had it from the two Surface Pros that I bought, but better that than the $595 I paid.

Disappointed not mad.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like this plane has reached the gate and is ready for de-boarding.

This thread has reached it's off topic limit.
It's time to move on my friends.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon