No way to set photo as "favorite" in Photos Hub?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Weird issue here. Did my 2nd hard reset yesterday so I could receive the latest firmware updates and now I have no option to set any pictures as favorites. Very strange. Makes no difference if photos are saved to internal or SD card.

Is there something special I need to do?

Last edited:

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: No "favorites" option in Photos Hub

If the picture is stored on your phone, if you open that picture there is an icon of a heart at the bottom that you can press to set it as a favorite. It's between the Share and Edit icons.

It doesn't show up for pictures stored on OneDrive, from what I can tell.

Last edited:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: No "favorites" option in Photos Hub

Well that's exactly what how I recalled it looking. However, this is all I get now. All pictures are saved to the SD card but can't see that being the issue.

wp_ss_20151221_0001.jpg

JR Lauer

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
As silly as it sounds, I created an album labeled FAVORITES and then put my favorite pics in there. I now have the functionality to show only the favorites on my live tile again. I did this while hooked up to the laptop and transferring pics over, and has been working good since.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe what I had to do to fix this odd issue but I grabbed a random pic on my PC (using Windows 10), right clicked on it and under details I rated the pic a 5 star pic. I copied that pic over to my 950XL and suddenly this pic showed up as a "favorite". And then the favorite option was available universally.

Dumb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon