W10M - New Firmware Version for 950/950XL and current Problems.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just read that article and the picture in that article shows the screen shot of the Update and also the Updated OS to 10.0.10587.71. For TheChazas, did you receive the OS update as well as the FW update?

---Update---Never-mind that picture, it is probably a Dual Sim 950 on the insider OS update as well...

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely, love it indeed, even since the first day and it is getting better and better, curiously waiting for Redstone, but of course some of the issues still remain since release.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I got the same one last night. Any idea of whats changed?

Found these listed from a posting. Same can be found from Microsoft's official announcement. It is cumulative OS update no FW update included.

-Reliability and stability improvements.
-Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
-Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
-Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
-Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0% for extended time periods.
-Change to update system to now require phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
-Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
-Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.
-Fix for a problem that caused some phones to get stuck on BitLocker Recovery screen after a reset.

The official announcement link is HERE

daPErwin

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
My Microsoft account is linked to one of my emails account - I can't get email from that particular account to be synced onto the device.

Also the device get so hot - I've gone back to my 930

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: W10M - New Firmware Version for 950/950XL and other.

The updated firmware is not available through recovery tool which means its not "standard"

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

The updated firmware is not available through recovery tool which means its not "standard"
It is for certain variants. Seems to be yet another staggered rollout, so if your device doesn't see it yet, you'll either just have to wait, or change your product code for one of the already updated ones.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

FYI: New update downloading now to my Lumia RM-1118...10.0.10586.164

Bonnie Bonzai

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Last week's update, 10.586218, my car no longer recognizes my Lumia 950, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled. Still won't recognize It over bluetooth. Also my phone will not open any links in FB or even these forums just goes to blank page. I noticed it spends a lot of time with the dotted circle going around and around. What am I doing wrong?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Did delete the BT linkage from both sides, the phone AND the car?
I had a little BT flakiness with 218 (I admit, 218 hasn't been the most stable I'e seen so far...), but managed to get mine all squared away by re-linking everything, and it connects to both my car and earpiece now, consistently, with no issues.
If I were you, I'd consider doing a backup ,and then a reset, I know it's kind of a pain, but the time you spend setting back up a handful of things will probably outweigh the time you spend digging through logs on the phone, trying to figure out why your internet linkage is flaky, etc (mine works okay on 218 now, I also did a LOT of fiddling, and probably should've just done a reset).

-pete

MattSA

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Did delete the BT linkage from both sides, the phone AND the car?
I had a little BT flakiness with 218 (I admit, 218 hasn't been the most stable I'e seen so far...), but managed to get mine all squared away by re-linking everything, and it connects to both my car and earpiece now, consistently, with no issues.
If I were you, I'd consider doing a backup ,and then a reset, I know it's kind of a pain, but the time you spend setting back up a handful of things will probably outweigh the time you spend digging through logs on the phone, trying to figure out why your internet linkage is flaky, etc (mine works okay on 218 now, I also did a LOT of fiddling, and probably should've just done a reset).

-pete

And only today July the 15th would I have ever gone as far as saying, "the 950XL on build 10.0.14388 is production worthy".

It's on the firmware stack 01078.00038.16025.39021
Hw
Radio
BOC25c.43.00009.00001
Soc

I'd say its the firmware i got last night that just makes this thing far more bling. All over its shiny now, wifi works, happy bt, screen and cam. Lovely? Bit far? So far so good and not to mention ensuring all the app updates that coincidentally need immediate bandwidth to satisfy. Well worth it with the 64GB card flogging the raw and QHD vid is crystal. 👍

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes