OnDrive Structure

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Long before my 950XL I had OneDrive with my saved documents/pics. After having 950XL I no longer know how it saves its doc/pics on OneDrive because I don't see any correlation between OneDrive folders and those on 950XL. However, after I hard reset 950XL it restored pics from somewhere!!
Is there a way to make OneDrive and 950XL folders identical so we know what file is going where? How about SD card? How SD card is managed on OneDrive? Thanks.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Long before my 950XL I had OneDrive with my saved documents/pics. After having 950XL I no longer know how it saves its doc/pics on OneDrive because I don't see any correlation between OneDrive folders and those on 950XL. However, after I hard reset 950XL it restored pics from somewhere!!
Is there a way to make OneDrive and 950XL folders identical so we know what file is going where? How about SD card? How SD card is managed on OneDrive? Thanks.
if you want to know where your photos are stored in onedrive, open onedrive in web browser, click "photos" in the left pane, right click one of your backup photo, select "view folder", that's the location / path of your saved pictures.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
one rule for windows phone apps: if an app has web version, it's always the case that web version have more functions and more options for customization than its mobile counterpart.

It is not a rule at all, and it is not applicable to Onedrive app. The Onedrive app is really good and it is fast.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Onedrive is not a "sync" app, that's not how it works on any phone.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
MS tech support wrote me:

To answer your question: To automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive

1. In the
App list, tap Photos.
2. Tap More, and then tap Settings.
3. Under Auto upload, tap OneDrive.
4. Under Photos or Videos, tap the upload type you want: Good quality for lower resolution or Best quality for full resolution.

However, my 950XL Photos app has no such items as
  • Auto Upload
  • upload type: Good quality/Best quality/etc.

Any comments? hints? clues?

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

• Auto Upload

I'm not sure but I guess it upload the pictures/videos at the original resolution/quality

Settings->devices->default camera

check at bottom on the related configuration

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

• Auto Upload

In phots tap the three dots, tap settings, scroll a bit and tap Manage OneDrive upload settings which is underlined.

Choose on or off, include videos or not.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
In phots tap the three dots, tap settings, scroll a bit and tap Manage OneDrive upload settings which is underlined.
Choose on or off, include videos or not.

Those option exist as set Auto for pics & videos. I suspect MS tech supports are confused with menus of so many different MS phones.:confused:

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
It is not a rule at all, and it is not applicable to Onedrive app. The Onedrive app is really good and it is fast.
the onedrive app is good but its web version has the complete functionality.

another example is the calendar app. if you want to import public holidays into the calendar (the .ics file), you can only do so in the web version, not in the app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowaHooley