New 950 XL Owner, Couple Things Driving Me Crazy.. Help!

AchtungZBoom

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Alright so I enjoy many things about being in the MS system after being frustrated by the android world.

With that being said I need help with a couple things that are driving me nuts.

1) Please tell me I can connect more than one bluetooth device at a time. I had a headset paired and when I got into my car which previously paired up just fine.. well now I notice it did not connect. So I turn off my headset.. boom it connects. I go back and forth multiple times.. Please tell me I can run more than one thing at a time. I need my band 2 to work along with my car. Speaking of my band...

2) Having a HORRIBLE time getting my band working. Software downloaded MANY times.. I go to open software "A network error has happened".. I hit that wall every darn time. I have tried to connect to many wi fi points.. through my data... any way and I get this error instantly when I load up the app. So I can not use my Microsoft branded band 2 with my microsoft phone.. Anyone have any ideas what to do with this?

Both of these things are driving me nuts and annoy me that they worked great on my previous android phones.. any help or suggestions are appreciated, I want to keep my phone but the above things are deal breakers if I can not sort them out.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have connected a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard at the same time, so yes, you can connect more than one device. In your case, your headset and Bluetooth device basically perform the same thing, so I can see why there could be a conflict there and it not letting you connect both. I have not idea about your band, though.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Both your headset and vehicle Bluetooth serve the same function, and therefore the phone will automatically prioritize one over the other. Happens with me frequently. Forget to turn off my tones and my phone won't connect to the car. However, band doesn't require music and voice pairing so it won't be affected. I use my phone tied to band 2 and LG tones or band 2 and Chevy mylink all day.

AchtungZBoom

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the answer on the bluetooth ... thats fantastic.

I am still however unable to use my band as I can not for the life of me get the software to open.... network error after network error. I reset my phone last night and it did nothing to help. I guess I will have to go to a MS store to get them to help. If they can not get it to work I have to send my phone back..

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Band 2 and Auto Bluetooth working for me too. But I gotta admit that getting my Band 2 to work smoothly and reliably didn't happen until recent FW update and a total reset of the Band itself.

Now it's gone several days running exactly as I have it configured to. Could be a coincidence that the FW and\or Band reset were both needed. But I did them together.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Thanks everyone for the answer on the bluetooth ... thats fantastic.

I am still however unable to use my band as I can not for the life of me get the software to open.... network error after network error. I reset my phone last night and it did nothing to help. I guess I will have to go to a MS store to get them to help. If they can not get it to work I have to send my phone back..
Just make sure you're running the latest software/firmware available on your Lumia 950 XL. You could even consider jumping onto the Windows Insider program to get Build 10586.63 (the latest build that hasn't been released publically yet) and then opting out of the Insider Program (you get to keep the Build).

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Just make sure you're running the latest software/firmware available on your Lumia 950 XL. You could even consider jumping onto the Windows Insider program to get Build 10586.63 (the latest build that hasn't been released publically yet) and then opting out of the Insider Program (you get to keep the Build).
What is new firmware # so I can check?

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My band 2 connects to my car head unit and band at the same time.

The issue I have is when I have bluetooth headphones connected, it takes priority and most everything else except for notifications does not work like Cortana, music controls, texting from the band, etc.

Hoping they can get this corrected to allow a both to control the phone the band and the headphones both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes