stopped using my mozo black leather back and went back to original back

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
After using my Mozo black leather back for several weeks, I have returned back to the original Microsoft 950 xl back.

While the Mozo back is indeed luxurious with it's leather look and feel, I was underwhelmed by the plastic silver edge. Even though it looks metal in appearance, I just prefer the black edge of the original back, and how it terminates against the glass edge.

The mozo did add satisfying weight and graspability to the phone, but for some reason, I now prefer the original back.

I now appreciate the slim line appearance that the Microsoft back gives the phone, and I think that it has a sleek appearance straight out of the box.

I may put the Mozo back on the phone again in the future, but for right now, I am very satisfied with reverting to the out of the box, look and feel.

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I keep going back and forth. I like the feel of the leather, but I don't like the metal coated plastic. It just feels like plastic and well I don't really like the color. On a side note, one of my friends also told me I smelled funny... I told him it was my phone, and he only believed me after I let him smell it...

The OEM cover has nice soft touch plastic, and the MS logo, PureView/Zeiss branding etc. I also like the symmetric microphone holes on the top and bottom. I hate the buttons though. Managed to stop the creaking by stuffing a bunch of scotch tape in there :) Even my Mozo cover needed some tape to stop creaking...

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm the same. Call me wierd but I just didn't like the look of my black Mozo for some reason. Never even got it out of the box so it's up for sale.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I really like stock cover, its simplicity and matte black color, for me it does not lack anything, both phones overall look, pure class.
I like mozo too, but only black with black sides/edges.
Would really love to see new design without leather, but with plastic back and metal edges, all in black, just like L930/830 was.

Don't need anything colorful or shinny, to show off.
Some say that stock is lame and not premium, okey and what is premium and who decides that? mainstream? One does metal, other does glass, another plastic.
Look at the sportcars, supercars, hypercars, specially at the new ones, P1, Ferrari F12 TdF, GT3 RS and lot of other, a lot of started using modified plastic, along side carbon fiber. What for, lighter weight, different design, easier to change and access.

What I really like about Lumias, that you can open and access, change and modifie, not only slam on monster case.

Last edited:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I like the brown one I have but I did prefer the black sleek look terminating at the edges too. Also it adds quite a bit if weight and thickness. So far sticking with the brown. But may decide to only use it when I go out somewhere as it helps with slipperiness. Gives a tighter grip and less likely to drop. That's why I kept telling people get the black one looks so much better than the white.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not unusual to switch out a case from time to time. I think we all do it. Let another company push a really good looking cover (that exposes the MS logo as I want) and it'll switch out again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon