[950XL] No updates since .71 help appreciated?

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where to post my question, but I'll post it here since this is a popular thread. I have a 950 XL dual-sim (international version Middle East), and a while ago I got into the insider program and updated my phone to 10586.71 which was the latest version at the time for the slow ring, but ever since I stopped getting any updates what so ever. I even tried shifting to fast ring and the remaining Insider options but nothing worked. Even tried getting out of the program and checking for an update but without luck. Finally I uninstalled the Insider Preview and still, no update was thrown my way. I've been stuck at .71 for over a month now without an update. Any solutions?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what would be going on with no update after trying what you have already done.

wp_ss_20160305_0002.png

Did you try the Insider Release Preview option?
You should be able to download and update from check for updates on your phone from the Preview option with Insider.
Be sure to go to phone update again and see if it updates.

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what would be going on with no update after trying what you have already done.

View attachment 123289

Did you try the Insider Release Preview option?
You should be able to download and update from check for updates on your phone from the Preview option with Insider.
Be sure to go to phone update again and see if it updates.

I literally tried every single option in the Insider program multiple times with no luck...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I know this is going to sound 'daft' but have you soft reset? Are your date and time correct?? As I said, sounds silly, but I couldn't download anything, store or otherwise. After a while scratching my head, and getting nothing but splinters, I noticed the time was out by one hour!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried home and work Wi-Fis. No luck so far.

The reason I was asking is sometimes Wi-Fi networks won't provision devices properly.
In the past my Windows phones had problems seeing the mobile phone store at home.

The occasional home router reset took care of it.
I thought perhaps you may of been having a similar problem.

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I know this is going to sound 'daft' but have you soft reset? Are your date and time correct?? As I said, sounds silly, but I couldn't download anything, store or otherwise. After a while scratching my head, and getting nothing but splinters, I noticed the time was out by one hour!

Well, I've been stuck with .71 for more than a month now and I'm pretty sure I've been through multiple soft resets even though the intention wasn't to resolve this particular issue. But a soft reset is a soft resent regardless of the motive. Moreover, my date and time settings are accurate (automatically adjusted via network carrier).

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Oddly, no. You're in a rare case, and sadly, the only option I see left is to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool and go from there. I say sadly, because it reverts everything back ti factory defaults, and not every app saves everything to the cloud.

Good luck though!

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with similar issues?

Similar, yes. I just posted a thread about being stuck at .122. Multiple soft resets, nothing. Multiple hard resets some with restore from backup and some with my restore, still nothing. The only option that I can think of that I have not yet tried is using the recovery tool.

My phone works with minimal problems and decent battery life so its not really a pressing issue. I was thinking I may just wait until .164 (or whatever the next production build) is listed in the recovery tool and just deal with it then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit