How are the Mozo cases holding up?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
for mine, there is no heating issue. the situation the phone generates most heat is playing candy crush. I can play candy crush for more than one hour with the mozo case on the 950xl. the phone didn't show any abnormal behavior.

I've started using Continuum and my phone gets crazy hot....like hotter than anything I've ever experienced in a phone (and I've had some highly experimental phones in the past) but I'll give Mozo credit where it's due, the case is holding up perfectly, even at very high temperatures.

As a side note, I hope MS do something about the heat generated using Continuum....I'm genuinely concerned that I'm slowly frying my phones guts

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I've started using Continuum and my phone gets crazy hot....like hotter than anything I've ever experienced in a phone (and I've had some highly experimental phones in the past) but I'll give Mozo credit where it's due, the case is holding up perfectly, even at very high temperatures.

As a side note, I hope MS do something about the heat generated using Continuum....I'm genuinely concerned that I'm slowly frying my phones guts
the phone gets hot in continuum mode even using stock cover. I use continuum frequently and didn't notice extra hot caused by the mozo case. continuum is hot by its own. no matter what case the phone uses...^^'

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little disappointed with the case, but I've only had it for a couple days.

I got the gold and red leather cover. After I put it in, I noticed dent in the top corner. After just putting it on, there's already a dent! Anyways, that might have been me. The only big issue I have is the buttons. They seem a lot harder to push now, versus the stock cover.

I'll have to let it grow on me a little. I like the look of it, except for the top edge around the screen. It holds to the phone better, as the stock cover would creek a little in one corner.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe you guys are paying $40+ dollars for back covers! LOL although they look VERY nice and I would luv to get me one, I just cannot justify the high price tag... sorry nope! I would be crushed seeing if any peeling or chipping happened to my case and I see SOME people putting protective cases to protect the mozo back covers! lol

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe you guys are paying $40+ dollars for back covers! LOL although they look VERY nice and I would luv to get me one, I just cannot justify the high price tag... sorry nope! I would be crushed seeing if any peeling or chipping happened to my case and I see SOME people putting protective cases to protect the mozo back covers! lol
I think putting another case to "protect" the mozo cover is nonsensical. mozo cover itself is replaceable and in my opinion not so expensive. I will replace it by a new one if it is damaged. putting another case to "protect" it voids its design.

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Do you use a case over the Mozo?

Nope, I tried to look for a clear case but just gave up. No case or bump cases will fit because of the leather's thickness. Mine still looks like the day I got it, no chips, scratches, leather lifting, or any other weird stuff. I have it with me at all times and I work in a factory walking back and forth all the time and I have it in my pocket even though we're not suppose to have cellphones on the production floor.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My Mozo Black leather with Silver trim looks good for all the abuse I've put it through. The leather is holding up but the silver trim lots of dents and scratches on it. Also all the buttons are sunk in, to include the camera button.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Cant you like, push out the buttons again? Bought the black mozo myself and I'm happy with the leather touch. Not too sure about the 'metal' trim, doesnt look nor feels like the real thing. But the buttons are a little more round and softer than the sharp stock buttons.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My red/gold case if starting to show signs of wear after just 3 months, the gold is rubbing off and the red leather has become discoloured around the edges. Shame as I really love the feel of the back.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The red/gold Mozo I ordered for a family member's phone just arrived today. Gotta a say I'm a little bit disappointed in how light and cheap it feels. Maybe I've been spoiled by the true metal frame of the Lumia 830, 930, my Xperia Z5 Premium that I sold and my S7 Edge.

Of course, I already knew it was painted plastic before I ordered it, so it's not false advertising on their part or anything. But it definitely looks like the paint will scratch/chip off with ease. The leather portion does look and feel nice though.

Stanislav Bendik

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I've bought the black leather/black rubber one. It is great. It feels great in the hand. The black rubber sides without any scratches. And most important thing is that the mozo cover fits better than the original one. I am trully impressed with the cover.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Mobile Fun and after 3 months my case is showing a huge amount of wear and tear; the corners of the case have lost the gold and the red leather is fading badly. Neither Mobile Fun or Mozo have been helpful and I can't imagine how the case will look after a year.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the cognac and silver one, to replace the back on my 950xl. Yep, the white one. Talk about muck magnet! No good in my job as I'm out and about all day. Got the Mozo on Amazon UK for ?22.39! I would have liked a more cushioned back, but boy does it look good. Order a red one for my white 950 now!!! ?19.99 Amazon UK. Sweet. Yes, they are wireless charge

I just remembered 1 negative.... The buttons aren't as tactile, and the power button, although I guess it's logical to do, is lower, and counter intuitively, difficult to find😳

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Quality is terrible. I've had my cognac/silver case for about a month now and the buttons have sunk in recently (I had to fix this by putting a piece of folded paper between the case and the phone buttons). The leather at the bottom part of the case has also started to separate, and the white stitching has darken (this for obvious reasons). I guess if you're going to use one of these cases then better keep in mind that you're sacrificing quality in favor of premium look.

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
The impression I am getting is matching my own expierence.
I am having a silver / black, black / black and silver / brown one. I impregnated / waterproofed all of them with a leather spray once, which seems to be helping the brown one, not to pick up dirt too easily.

- The silver rim / black leather one went back after a month, the edges were already worn off after not even carrying it in my pocket. It is mostly on the desk or maybe in the car mount. Mobilefun did not want at first, but I politely was able to make my case and get it exchanged. I went for the black / black then because I thought wear would not be too visible there.
- The black rim / black leather one is my favourite, I am using it daily. As you would not or hardly see the edges wear, it is holding upo nicely. The leather on the edges is showing a little wear, which is perfectly normal and OK. I like the black look. The best feature of this one over silver or stock is the improved grip.
- The silver rim / brown leather one is my show-off one, I am using it rarely. It is holding up just fine, which is not surprising, as I am really only using it not even once per week for an evening or day.

If one would ask me, I would recommend the all black one. I understand the reasoning to go for a shinier one. I would also recommend people with ones holding up badly not to give up and calmly and politely persuade Mobilefun or Mozo to play ball. Photos will probably help a lot. Also it seems clear, that coating the plastic has its limits. The leather, on the other hand, could benefit a lot from impregnating with a normal waterproofing spray for leather. Put tape on the plastic ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon