Email notifications never updating on screen

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I have the latest production OS and firmware as of today, plus the new Outlook update.

My phone shows 3 new emails from when I first setup my email account but in 4 hours, hasn't updated to show no new emails, or other new emails.

Anyone know how to correct this? I did a hard reset and no joy.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Same problem, though it happens only once in a while. The Outlook (and Calendar) apps are the main culprit of this, but sometimes the live tiles will just stop working. I would have to resize the tiles for them to update. It's been a problem and I'm surprised it hasn't been corrected by now, being that 'live tiles' are a main selling point of Windows Phone

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had that couple of times during my initial setup after a hard reset. What usually works for me is to create a linked inbox and pin that instead of the outlook email app. Notifications show up as expected in the notification center and live tile count. Also as I said before, I see this only sometimes during the initial setup process.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Have you set up Outlook to retrieve emails from server AS IT HAPPENS?

NB.: The more frequent email retrieval from server the more battery consumption.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Well all my email accounts are pinned individually to my start screen. The issue isn't the live tiles at all, they all upgrade great.

It's the email notifications on the lock screen that never updates. Still shows 3 new email even DAYS after I made this post.

Perhaps the next OS update or Outlook update will fix it.

All my accounts (3) are setup to receive email imminently. Except for 1 pop account which is 15 mins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon