Not receiving text notifications

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I took my phone back to the MS store and they were nice enough to swap it out for a new one. At first I was not receiving texts, then they all came through at once. Then I just stopped getting notifications. I soft rebooted, nothing. I toggled the message notification switch off and back on and then soft rebooted. Still nothing.

I was going to stay away from insider previews for awhile but I thought it would solve my problem. So I installed the preview ring update, nothing. Next I moved to the slow ring, nothing. Any ideas? When they gave me the new one I added the 2 years of support so I can take it back and get another new one but I'd rather not.

Update: A new wrinkle now messaging does not show up in settings under notifications. Just a code 5b04b775-356b-aaf8-6491ffea5901. I am very confused and frustrated.

Last edited:

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Everything else has failed but I really don't want to hard reset. I just got this damn thing set back to where my old one was. I am waiting on the new firmware update but if that help I guess I will need to.

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I updated to the latest fast ring build and was still not seeing messaging in notifications just a long code. On a lark I went back to background tasks and saw it was disabled, toggled it back on an voila!! I had done that before and it didn't help. But for some reason it did now. Hope this helps somebody with a similar situation. Thanks for the ideas folks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes